Your tax dollars - Trump investigation into voter fraud

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Because healthy, working age non-veterans should be expected to take care of themselves. It's not my or anyone else's job to pay their bills or clean up their messes.

Why don't you expect that of Veterans?

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Because healthy, working age non-veterans should be expected to take care of themselves. It's not my or anyone else's job to pay their bills or clean up their messes.

So you only buy American then, right? If you're going to talk like that then I'm going to naturally assume that nothing in your house says "Made in China" on it.

Be that as it may, we just have to ride this out.

Sad but true. Short of a military coup, this is the administration that we're stuck with for a while.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
You would know, because they keep track of votes. And if people were imposing as their neighbors, there would be massive of cases of people showing up and being turned away for already having voted.

Yeah I get the idea that ideally you would want to steal votes from people who are registered but won't be voting.
- people that never vote
- people in jail but still on the register
- people who moved but still on the register
- people who are in home care or hospital
And then the amount of research that would need to be done in order to determine those names for the people to vote under. It seems like it would be too much work for it to be something that would actually happen. Then there are those who have said they bus people in to vote, but I think you would need to know how voting works in that district. I only know how it works in mine. I have to tell someone the street I live in, then get directed to a table. Then I have to say the name and they find it in the register showing my name and address, and my signature. Then I sign my name in the box next to it, then they hand me the folder and the ballot.

If people were coming into a place to vote, they would have to know the street and name for the election officer to notate, but who knows if everywhere is like mine.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Can you imagine if Trump's team actually did this and use those names to fraudulently vote for Clinton? The thinking that Trump didn't want this, and now he's going to punish America by making it shittier for everyone so they can see how great America was.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Why don't you expect that of Veterans?
Because you can't ask someone to make the kind of sacrifices that we ask them to make without some allowance for things like PTSD where it is needed.

So you only buy American then, right? If you're going to talk like that then I'm going to naturally assume that nothing in your house says "Made in China" on it.
Those two ideas are nearly diametrically opposed. I absolutely pay more for higher quality goods. However, if I bought the same quality for a higher price, that would be no less anti-free market than welfare. This of course ignores any bullshit China pulls that is also anti-free market, but I don't think that was the point you were making.

Last edited:

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Because you can't ask someone to make the kind of sacrifices that we ask them to make without some allowance for things like PTSD where it is needed.

Free education, free healthcare, discounts all over the place, better insurance premiums. I'm sorry, but they get a sweet deal as it is. It's their free choice to do this in the first place and they should know the consequences in the first place. I almost joined as well. If I did and fucked my head up I'm not looking for handouts because the shit got real. Same as fucking my body up doing MMA doesn't make me want to run around looking for sympathy. My choice. My mistake. My burden. Again they get a sweet deal from this for going.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
To be clear, I'm not talking about expanding benefits. I'm just saying that we should protect what they are already promised. They are taking risks for theoretically unselfish pursuits, which is what separates it from something like MMA.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Unshelfish? Dude most people who go into the military now go for the benefits. To get out of their life and make a better one. The same as athletes trying to become professional to make money and have a better life. Both situations we benefit as well. As entertainment or security both provide a service to the american people by sacrificing their bodies. You just may value one over the other.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

If they have PTSD, then they would not be included under "Healthy", maing invoking them moot.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
On the surface, I don't have a problem requiring photo IDs to vote. It probably makes it easier for a poll worker to commit his or her own acts of fraud, but our whole system is based on the idea of them doing their job honestly, already. The only thing I would say is that all 50 states will have to have a free ID card program. I had a California DMV ID card before I had a drivers license, and at least back then, I had to pay for it. That was over 20 years ago, though.

Nah, what legal citizen who's an adult doesn't have an ID or Driver's License already?

They don't need to make them free, people should have them already. You need them to have a bank account, get/use a credit card, pay bills, etc. Making them 'free' would just cost the taxpayer more to cover the costs. $15 for an ID (here in California) that's valid for 5 years isn't prohibitive in the least.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
In theory, there is nothing wrong with an ID requirement.
In theory, there is nothing wrong with a Literacy test.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
What is wrong with busing people to the polls?

Nothing, as long as they're only voting at their assigned voting location with their true identity.
Now give us your last name and zip code that you didn't get from the obituaries.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member

So you'd rather waste the money for sure and help no one, than see it potentially wasted on someone who is being lazy?

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
They don't need to make them free, people should have them already. You need them to have a bank account, get/use a credit card, pay bills, etc. Making them 'free' would just cost the taxpayer more to cover the costs. $15 for an ID (here in California) that's valid for 5 years isn't prohibitive in the least.

If the expectation is that 100% of people get an ID, what difference does it make? Either 100% of us pay when we get the ID, or 100% of us pay at tax time. A tax is perfectly appropriate for providing something that you want every individual to have.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
If the expectation is that 100% of people get an ID, what difference does it make? Either 100% of us pay when we get the ID, or 100% of us pay at tax time. A tax is perfectly appropriate for providing something that you want every individual to have.

Unless every individual doesn't want to have it.

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
Unless every individual doesn't want to have it.
I'm not suggesting that we force people to the DMV and make them get ID - just that it's more effective to use existing revenue streams to fund it.

If someone is actively avoiding government ID, I'm going to assume they don't pay taxes anyway.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Who here has a Government issued ID with their current address on it?
Who here has an average wait to vote of 30 minutes or more?

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I almost joined as well.
Have almost gotten pregnant?
Have you almost won at horse shoes?
Did you almost also also get a job as ceo of Microsoft?
Did you almost play in the super bowl?
Did you almost win the lotto?
Did you almost get run over by a train?

I almost joined the military but they didnt let no queers in.

Oh I didn't know you are gay.

I ain't but they had this don't ask don't tell policy, an I told em I was a fag.
I figure if they don't like me for who i am then screw em.

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Are you sure that you are not confusing the Washington Times with the Washington Post?

I used to get them confused myself, the times is owned by a moonie cult leader and the post is owned by that Bezos Amazon dude right?