10 Year Member
BcdyQbt.jpg

two 'utes

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I don't get the part of the ID requirement. You need ID for so many things, I can't think there would be many people who don't have one. I even know homeless people who have IDs.

That is if you believe that the ID requirement isn't about creating longer lines or problems. You can buy beer and drive with a license that has an old address. But can you vote with one that has an old address?

Then there is the goold ol' Wisconsin/Alabama formula of creating a strict voter ID law and closing certain DMV's.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
How do we know that no one votes fraudulently?

All I know is that people who tried to do so to prove how easy it is got caught.

And most fraud is concerned with absentee balloting. Something that an ID law doesn't change.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
All I know is that people who tried to do so to prove how easy it is got caught.

And most fraud is concerned with absentee balloting. Something that an ID law doesn't change.

If people want to talk about the amount of fraudulent voting, and whether it's significant or something, that's one thing.

But we have our fair share of morons, lunatics, and attention whores. To claim that it never happens takes a certain amount of willful stupidity that is beyond my comprehension.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If people want to talk about the amount of fraudulent voting, and whether it's significant or something, that's one thing.

But we have our fair share of morons, lunatics, and attention whores. To claim that it never happens takes a certain amount of willful stupidity that is beyond my comprehension.

Who said it never happens?

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
So if for years and years you hear from people that there is a large amount of voter fraud going on, isn't it irresponsible to NOT investigate it?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Sure. Impartially. However to investigate a small area of the problem isn't that. That would be like fixing the murders in Chicago by adding more police at sport venues.

Marek

Banned
So if for years and years you hear from people that there is a large amount of voter fraud going on, isn't it irresponsible to NOT investigate it?

From "people". The same "lots of people are saying..." people that trump invokes every time he spouts some straight up insane conspiracy theory? Ever since the birther shit.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

For the weeks leading up to his inauguration he shot down any claims of fraudulent voting

Now that he can control the alternative fact finding mission,

He becomes the champion of fraudulent voter claims.

Marek

Banned
Plus there's already been extensive research done by republican state governments and they've never found anything substantial. Like single digit cases nationwide. So far under the MILLIONS that trump is suggesting.

It's fucking nonsense. The biggest voter fraud that ever happened was all the old jews they tricked into voting for Buchanan in 2000, combined with the very suspect amount of double punched cards i.e. ruined and invalid that they found down in florida.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
California should stick it's middle finger up to trump allow Illegal Aliens to vote in the next federal election.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
California should stick it's middle finger up to trump allow Illegal Aliens to vote in the next federal election.

Yes...that is a solid idea.

On a related note, how about we let perfect strangers decide how your next paycheck is to be spent?

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Plus there's already been extensive research done by republican state governments and they've never found anything substantial. .

But it is possible that without having any ID requirements, we do not know what percentage of the actual voters are legit. Yes I have read about those singular cases, usually just people who have been dead still casting ballots.

And I have been aware of voting fraud allegations for well before Obama came around. IDK anything about the birther thing, other than that PDF they uploaded that was made public was laughable. Its like they didn't even try.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
But it is possible that without having any ID requirements, we do not know what percentage of the actual voters are legit.

You would know, because they keep track of votes. And if people were imposing as their neighbors, there would be massive of cases of people showing up and being turned away for already having voted.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
There's really no such thing as "your tax dollars" because you can't refuse to pay them unless you want to be denied goods,services,shelter,transportation or spend time in prison.
BB

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
There's really no such thing as "your tax dollars" because you can't refuse to pay them unless you want to be denied goods,services,shelter,transportation or spend time in prison.
BB

You can just make up until the limit at which you pay federal taxes. You can skip out on the SS/Medicare taxes by becoming Amish.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Here's Trump's proof that there was voter fraud.
Link

The man is sick in the head and is not fit to run this country.