Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 134

Thread: Someone working on Street Fighter 2 port to Neo Geo

  1. #51
    Mai's Stalker
    Montatez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The North.

    Posts
    1,904
    Splatterhouse and Streets of Rage I could really get behind.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

    A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

    I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

  2. #52
    Ukyo's Doctor
    NGCDFreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Club Sega.

    Posts
    1,248
    Quote Originally Posted by vaillian View Post
    Darkstalkers plz
    Would like to see that happen.

  3. #53
    Crazed MVS Addict
    klee123's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia

    Posts
    139
    Very nice!

    I'm actually surprised that the music is the same considering the difference in hardware.

  4. #54
    Cheng's Errand Boy
    CrystalCore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Amy View Post
    Personally I would prefer Miss Mister World '96.
    Miss Mister World '96? I'm almost afraid to ask what's in that game.

  5. #55
    NG.COM TEMPTRESS
    Sylvie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rimini

    Posts
    5,548
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalCore View Post
    Miss Mister World '96? I'm almost afraid to ask what's in that game.
    ugh i misread it and thought amy said "miss world". I'm a Miss World '96 girl myself. Miss Mister World was the male variant, with hunks with their dicks out
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    I hope Sylvie leaves you in an ice tub with one of your dismembered kidneys lodged in your asshole.

  6. #56
    Bashful Neophyte
    Godfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Canada

    Posts
    15
    Don't get me wrong i love Street Fighter. However part of the allure of the Neo Geo are the unique fighting games that aren't Street Fighter.

  7. #57
    Bewbs! Z'OMG
    Teh BEWBS!
    Fygee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Las Vegas

    Posts
    2,513
    Quote Originally Posted by klee123 View Post
    Very nice!

    I'm actually surprised that the music is the same considering the difference in hardware.
    May have just been an audio sample.

  8. #58
    Galford's Armourer
    coreykun667's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Modesto, California

    Posts
    455
    Puzzle Fighter clone with KOF characters instead? King of Puzzles, anyone?

  9. #59
    Hardened Shock Trooper

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Mexico

    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by sr20det510 View Post
    SOTN
    Yeah, even if we're dreaming, that's not going to happen ever. That's a Playstation title. Maybe the Game Boy Advance CVs with some tweaking (I think CotM might be a tad too large, but not really sure.)
    Follow me on Twitter
    My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.

  10. #60
    Another Striker

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    nowhereland

    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernex View Post
    Yeah, even if we're dreaming, that's not going to happen ever. That's a Playstation title. Maybe the Game Boy Advance CVs with some tweaking (I think CotM might be a tad too large, but not really sure.)
    NG could handle the graphics easily. The fact is the effort required for a fan is on an insane level.

  11. #61
    Kuroko's Training Dummy

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    75
    I would definitely pay to support ports like these, but sadly I guess the NG market is very small for anyone doing this. NeoSD might be not too hard though?

    For me, I love playing JAMMA games on my Electrocoin NeoGeo cab as the cab is such great quality e.g. powerful good quality amp and speakers. Far better than my Sega New Astro City and its dinky little speakers and tiny 8W amp, frankly. But isn't that awesome quality why we all love NG?

  12. #62
    Rasputin's Rose Gardener
    egg_sanwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada

    Posts
    865
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinball View Post
    I would definitely pay to support ports like these, but sadly I guess the NG market is very small for anyone doing this. NeoSD might be not too hard though?

    For me, I love playing JAMMA games on my Electrocoin NeoGeo cab as the cab is such great quality e.g. powerful good quality amp and speakers. Far better than my Sega New Astro City and its dinky little speakers and tiny 8W amp, frankly. But isn't that awesome quality why we all love NG?
    Pretty sure the fact that Capcom would shut it down almost immediately if they were collecting $$$ makes it not worth the effort

  13. #63
    Crossed Swords Squire
    Salvio007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    USA - New Jersey

    Posts
    195
    This could actually work well with James new Fighting Adapter..hmm



  14. #64
    JammaNationX
    Xian Xi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Waipahu, Hawaii

    Posts
    27,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvio007 View Post
    This could actually work well with James new Fighting Adapter..hmm
    Ah, Not if it's on the Neo Geo since the Neo only supports up to 5 buttons(including select). I would assume that if this was ported that it would use the Sam Sho button logic for 6 button play which would play the same as the Phase if you played a CPS1 mobo in a dedicated Neo cab.

  15. #65
    PROBABLY A NARC!!! 420neogeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Vancouver

    Posts
    213
    Has anyone heard anything more about this project? I keep hoping that this will get released. It would certainly be enough to prompt me to buy a flashcart or even cartridge if it were to be released in a solid form.

  16. #66
    Kuroko's Training Dummy

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Leeds, UK

    Posts
    76
    It's only a demo like a demoscene demo; essentially a sprite rip and audio conversion staged into a program. It is not a port/conversion of the game logic; as intriguing as it is there is no game here. Unfortunately there is no sign the original author meant to put out anything more than this demo... And to be fair it's a nice effort in itself - just a bit misleading.

    Without the source code you I think would have the re-make the whole game logic from scratch no matter the processor similarities (sf2 source code isn't out there is it?). Even with the source code they'll just be too many differences between the two systems to hack it to 'run' the program roms, but at least you would have the game logic to port...

  17. #67
    Proto Hunter SuperGun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Orlando, Florida

    Posts
    802
    SF2 was the number one dream game that neogeo owners wanted to have on our system during the early 90’s. And I remember hearing about pirate cartridges having been made for it during that time period. I believe we even followed up on one of those leads back during the ML days, circa late 90’s, but we only got so far and then the trail went cold.

    But surely, with today’s technology, if you were going to go through the trouble of taking the project on from scratch, you might as well just do it for the CPS1 system itself. This way, you could easily end up with 20-30 available games when it’s all finished, rather then just one.
    Some men see things as they are, and say why. I dream things that never were, and say why not.

  18. #68
    Moterator. theMot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The island of shielas, wogs and poofters.

    Posts
    5,387
    Quote Originally Posted by 420neogeo View Post
    Has anyone heard anything more about this project? I keep hoping that this will get released. It would certainly be enough to prompt me to buy a flashcart or even cartridge if it were to be released in a solid form.
    I heard the creator discovered what a vagina is and lost interest in the project.
    Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    This place is a pool of toxic garbage. A bunch of old, grumpy, hateful, negative, hater assholes that don't even play Neo Geo.

  19. #69
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst

    Posts
    11,233
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGun View Post
    SF2 was the number one dream game that neogeo owners wanted to have on our system during the early 90’s. And I remember hearing about pirate cartridges having been made for it during that time period. I believe we even followed up on one of those leads back during the ML days, circa late 90’s, but we only got so far and then the trail went cold.

    But surely, with today’s technology, if you were going to go through the trouble of taking the project on from scratch, you might as well just do it for the CPS1 system itself. This way, you could easily end up with 20-30 available games when it’s all finished, rather then just one.
    Fuck me you talk shit.



    !!

  20. #70

  21. #71
    The Fuck is Wrong With You? roker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Michigan

    Posts
    14,502
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGun View Post
    SF2 was the number one dream game that neogeo owners wanted to have on our system during the early 90ís. And I remember hearing about pirate cartridges having been made for it during that time period. I believe we even followed up on one of those leads back during the ML days, circa late 90ís, but we only got so far and then the trail went cold.

    But surely, with todayís technology, if you were going to go through the trouble of taking the project on from scratch, you might as well just do it for the CPS1 system itself. This way, you could easily end up with 20-30 available games when itís all finished, rather then just one.
    You post in threads other than rare/proto stuff?!?! CRAZY!!!
    Last edited by roker; 10-23-2018 at 05:00 PM. Reason: free falcoon

  22. #72
    Baxter McMuggle
    DevilRedeemed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    ArgentinA ۞

    Posts
    10,473
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGun View Post
    SF2 was the number one dream game that neogeo owners wanted to have on our system during the early 90ís. And I remember hearing about pirate cartridges having been made for it during that time period. I believe we even followed up on one of those leads back during the ML days, circa late 90ís, but we only got so far and then the trail went cold.

    But surely, with todayís technology, if you were going to go through the trouble of taking the project on from scratch, you might as well just do it for the CPS1 system itself. This way, you could easily end up with 20-30 available games when itís all finished, rather then just one.
    I got my first neo around 93 and I was never too fussed about having SF2 on the system, what a ridiculous idea. I was happy enough with the 16bit iterations. Neo Geo was for other alternative fighting games and what have you.
    Igs waz here

  23. #73
    Proto Hunter SuperGun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Orlando, Florida

    Posts
    802
    You got into the neo at a great time, but I think your mileage with it varied from mine.

    The neo, as “bad ass” as it was back then circa 92-95, was not the “be all - end all” of high end gaming. Not even close. As much as it turned heads, and had several “can’t put it down” titles, it was always getting outshined & 1-up’d by my SuperGun. Granted, I fell in love with the concept from day one. “play arcade games in your home”. Hell, I was dreaming about that since the 80’s Atari days for that matter. But at the end of the day, it only played SNK arcade games. So it didn’t quench the thirst. The hottest arcade titles were by Capcom, Konami, & Midway. PERIOD. Those were the MOST bad ass games at the arcade and those were the ones you had to have if you wanted to impress.

    As great as Fatal Fury, World Heroes, Art of Fighting, and Samurai Showdown were during that time period, Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat 2 were TEN TIMES better. And I mean like no contest man. For every 2 hours we played the neo, we played 10 hours of SF2 & MK2.

    It was a very different time back then. Nothing like today. Today, anyone can play anything at anytime and anywhere, and for free. Computers, lap tops, net books, emulators, smart phones, iPads, portable gaming devices, etc. It’s all out there now. It isn’t special anymore. Hasn’t been for years. It has no value and it holds nobodies attention. Back then it turned heads. It took center stage. It was a presentation that was both impressive and memorable. There was no internet as we know it. The average person couldn’t even find a SuperGun, let alone buy or build one. And even the few that took the time to do the research, would then hit the next brick wall; which was crushing prices. $649 for a neo console and then $200 for a Fatal Fury or Samurai Showdown cart was a fucking JOKE compared to $2,000 for an NBA JAM or an MK2 board.

    So yes, having acquired a SF2 cart for the neo back then would have been cool, but it wouldn’t have even come close to solving the problem. Because even though from 91-92, SF2 was the king, by 93, MK had gained ground, and once MK2 hit the scene at the end of the year, the neo started collecting dust within the circles that I was running.
    Some men see things as they are, and say why. I dream things that never were, and say why not.

  24. #74
    NAM-75 Vet
    basic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ???

    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGun View Post
    You got into the neo at a great time, but I think your mileage with it varied from mine.

    The neo, as “bad ass” as it was back then circa 92-95, was not the “be all - end all” of high end gaming. Not even close. As much as it turned heads, and had several “can’t put it down” titles, it was always getting outshined & 1-up’d by my SuperGun. Granted, I fell in love with the concept from day one. “play arcade games in your home”. Hell, I was dreaming about that since the 80’s Atari days for that matter. But at the end of the day, it only played SNK arcade games. So it didn’t quench the thirst. The hottest arcade titles were by Capcom, Konami, & Midway. PERIOD. Those were the MOST bad ass games at the arcade and those were the ones you had to have if you wanted to impress.

    As great as Fatal Fury, World Heroes, Art of Fighting, and Samurai Showdown were during that time period, Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat 2 were TEN TIMES better. And I mean like no contest man. For every 2 hours we played the neo, we played 10 hours of SF2 & MK2.

    It was a very different time back then. Nothing like today. Today, anyone can play anything at anytime and anywhere, and for free. Computers, lap tops, net books, emulators, smart phones, iPads, portable gaming devices, etc. It’s all out there now. It isn’t special anymore. Hasn’t been for years. It has no value and it holds nobodies attention. Back then it turned heads. It took center stage. It was a presentation that was both impressive and memorable. There was no internet as we know it. The average person couldn’t even find a SuperGun, let alone buy or build one. And even the few that took the time to do the research, would then hit the next brick wall; which was crushing prices. $649 for a neo console and then $200 for a Fatal Fury or Samurai Showdown cart was a fucking JOKE compared to $2,000 for an NBA JAM or an MK2 board.

    So yes, having acquired a SF2 cart for the neo back then would have been cool, but it wouldn’t have even come close to solving the problem. Because even though from 91-92, SF2 was the king, by 93, MK had gained ground, and once MK2 hit the scene at the end of the year, the neo started collecting dust within the circles that I was running.
    I'm trying to decide if you post more like Tanooki or TopTierArcade.

  25. #75
    WA6TJE
    SouthtownKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA

    Posts
    21,547
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGun View Post
    Those were the MOST bad ass games at the arcade and those were the ones you had to have if you wanted to impress.
    lol

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •