Someone working on Street Fighter 2 port to Neo Geo

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Pls god, no more fighters.

If someone was hellbent on porting CPS1 or 2 games to the Neo, they should look at platformers or shooters.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
You know what I would love? SFII World Warrior rebuilt for the NGPC. A bunch of the sprites are already done in Cap vs SNK.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
If we could get someone to port over the Rockman: The Power Battle game, that would be awesome!

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
If we could get someone to port over the Rockman: The Power Battle game, that would be awesome!

Wouldn't all those games have legal problems being ported because of intellectual property of Capcom? not for Capcom specifically, just for not being SNK property/licensed.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Wouldn't all those games have legal problems being ported because of intellectual property of Capcom? not for Capcom specifically, just for not being SNK property/licensed.

Yes, most likely, but since we are dreaming here, why not go for it!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

Yes, and that's why he doesn't want to port it over.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
One could always replace everything copyrighted in a CPS1 game and change some of the remaining underlying engine to make a quasi-original game. It would save on engine coding, if that's one of the hurdles involved in new homebrew.

The Neo could use some unconventional genres though, like the point & click adventure game. Something like Full Throttle or The Dig would be mind blowing on the Neo Geo. Adapt the trackball controller into a mouse.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
One could always replace everything copyrighted in a CPS1 game and change some of the remaining underlying engine to make a quasi-original game. It would save on engine coding, if that's one of the hurdles involved in new homebrew.

The Neo could use some unconventional genres though, like the point & click adventure game. Something like Full Throttle or The Dig would be mind blowing on the Neo Geo. Adapt the trackball controller into a mouse.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

"Unconventional" is nice but it still should remain arcade. Besides, conventional genres can be pretty surprising, too. Think of Major Havoc or Time Traveller. Or implement non-arcade elements into an arcade game like Taito did in Lightbringer or Cadash. In short: A Neo Wonder Boy would be great!

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
Port the 2D classics like Bubble Bobble, maybe Black Tiger? If I start to reminisce I'll keep posting til the morning!

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
I want a Gals Panic type game where I can sub in any nudie photos I want.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Wait, are we making requests in this thread now? ...If so, then please port Strider to the Neo Geo.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I want a Gals Panic type game where I can sub in any nudie photos I want.

Fantasia
Miss World '96
Fantasy '95

you're welcome. I played Miss World '96 all the way through once. I screencapped and saved ALL the final outcome pictures but I think they are lost/gone.

Last edited:

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Fantasia
Miss World '96
Fantasy '95

you're welcome. I played Miss World '96 all the way through once. I screencapped and saved ALL the final outcome pictures but I think they are lost/gone.

Personally I would prefer Miss Mister World '96.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
Port shit like
M.U.S.H.A.
Gunstar Heroes
EX Ranza
Castlevania nonsense
2D Sonic games
Alisia Dragoon
El Viento
Thunder Force 4
Bare Knuckle 2