Someone working on Street Fighter 2 port to Neo Geo

klee123

Zero's Secretary
Very nice!

I'm actually surprised that the music is the same considering the difference in hardware.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Miss Mister World '96? I'm almost afraid to ask what's in that game.
ugh i misread it and thought amy said "miss world". I'm a Miss World '96 girl myself. Miss Mister World was the male variant, with hunks with their dicks out

Godfather

n00b
Don't get me wrong i love Street Fighter. However part of the allure of the Neo Geo are the unique fighting games that aren't Street Fighter.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Puzzle Fighter clone with KOF characters instead? King of Puzzles, anyone?

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster

Yeah, even if we're dreaming, that's not going to happen ever. That's a Playstation title. Maybe the Game Boy Advance CVs with some tweaking (I think CotM might be a tad too large, but not really sure.)

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Yeah, even if we're dreaming, that's not going to happen ever. That's a Playstation title. Maybe the Game Boy Advance CVs with some tweaking (I think CotM might be a tad too large, but not really sure.)

NG could handle the graphics easily. The fact is the effort required for a fan is on an insane level.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
I would definitely pay to support ports like these, but sadly I guess the NG market is very small for anyone doing this. NeoSD might be not too hard though?

For me, I love playing JAMMA games on my Electrocoin NeoGeo cab as the cab is such great quality e.g. powerful good quality amp and speakers. Far better than my Sega New Astro City and its dinky little speakers and tiny 8W amp, frankly. But isn't that awesome quality why we all love NG?

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I would definitely pay to support ports like these, but sadly I guess the NG market is very small for anyone doing this. NeoSD might be not too hard though?

For me, I love playing JAMMA games on my Electrocoin NeoGeo cab as the cab is such great quality e.g. powerful good quality amp and speakers. Far better than my Sega New Astro City and its dinky little speakers and tiny 8W amp, frankly. But isn't that awesome quality why we all love NG?

Pretty sure the fact that Capcom would shut it down almost immediately if they were collecting $$$ makes it not worth the effort

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
This could actually work well with James new Fighting Adapter..hmm

Ah, Not if it's on the Neo Geo since the Neo only supports up to 5 buttons(including select). I would assume that if this was ported that it would use the Sam Sho button logic for 6 button play which would play the same as the Phase if you played a CPS1 mobo in a dedicated Neo cab.

420neogeo

Marked Wolf
Has anyone heard anything more about this project? I keep hoping that this will get released. It would certainly be enough to prompt me to buy a flashcart or even cartridge if it were to be released in a solid form.

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
It's only a demo like a demoscene demo; essentially a sprite rip and audio conversion staged into a program. It is not a port/conversion of the game logic; as intriguing as it is there is no game here. Unfortunately there is no sign the original author meant to put out anything more than this demo... And to be fair it's a nice effort in itself - just a bit misleading.

Without the source code you I think would have the re-make the whole game logic from scratch no matter the processor similarities (sf2 source code isn't out there is it?). Even with the source code they'll just be too many differences between the two systems to hack it to 'run' the program roms, but at least you would have the game logic to port...

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
SF2 was the number one dream game that neogeo owners wanted to have on our system during the early 90’s. And I remember hearing about pirate cartridges having been made for it during that time period. I believe we even followed up on one of those leads back during the ML days, circa late 90’s, but we only got so far and then the trail went cold.

But surely, with today’s technology, if you were going to go through the trouble of taking the project on from scratch, you might as well just do it for the CPS1 system itself. This way, you could easily end up with 20-30 available games when it’s all finished, rather then just one.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Has anyone heard anything more about this project? I keep hoping that this will get released. It would certainly be enough to prompt me to buy a flashcart or even cartridge if it were to be released in a solid form.

I heard the creator discovered what a vagina is and lost interest in the project.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
SF2 was the number one dream game that neogeo owners wanted to have on our system during the early 90’s. And I remember hearing about pirate cartridges having been made for it during that time period. I believe we even followed up on one of those leads back during the ML days, circa late 90’s, but we only got so far and then the trail went cold.

But surely, with today’s technology, if you were going to go through the trouble of taking the project on from scratch, you might as well just do it for the CPS1 system itself. This way, you could easily end up with 20-30 available games when it’s all finished, rather then just one.

Fuck me you talk shit.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Id prefer a port of SF1 with fixed move inputs to match SF2.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

You post in threads other than rare/proto stuff?!?! CRAZY!!!

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member

I got my first neo around 93 and I was never too fussed about having SF2 on the system, what a ridiculous idea. I was happy enough with the 16bit iterations. Neo Geo was for other alternative fighting games and what have you.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
You got into the neo at a great time, but I think your mileage with it varied from mine.

The neo, as “bad ass” as it was back then circa 92-95, was not the “be all - end all” of high end gaming. Not even close. As much as it turned heads, and had several “can’t put it down” titles, it was always getting outshined & 1-up’d by my SuperGun. Granted, I fell in love with the concept from day one. “play arcade games in your home”. Hell, I was dreaming about that since the 80’s Atari days for that matter. But at the end of the day, it only played SNK arcade games. So it didn’t quench the thirst. The hottest arcade titles were by Capcom, Konami, & Midway. PERIOD. Those were the MOST bad ass games at the arcade and those were the ones you had to have if you wanted to impress.

As great as Fatal Fury, World Heroes, Art of Fighting, and Samurai Showdown were during that time period, Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat 2 were TEN TIMES better. And I mean like no contest man. For every 2 hours we played the neo, we played 10 hours of SF2 & MK2.

It was a very different time back then. Nothing like today. Today, anyone can play anything at anytime and anywhere, and for free. Computers, lap tops, net books, emulators, smart phones, iPads, portable gaming devices, etc. It’s all out there now. It isn’t special anymore. Hasn’t been for years. It has no value and it holds nobodies attention. Back then it turned heads. It took center stage. It was a presentation that was both impressive and memorable. There was no internet as we know it. The average person couldn’t even find a SuperGun, let alone buy or build one. And even the few that took the time to do the research, would then hit the next brick wall; which was crushing prices. $649 for a neo console and then $200 for a Fatal Fury or Samurai Showdown cart was a fucking JOKE compared to $2,000 for an NBA JAM or an MK2 board.

So yes, having acquired a SF2 cart for the neo back then would have been cool, but it wouldn’t have even come close to solving the problem. Because even though from 91-92, SF2 was the king, by 93, MK had gained ground, and once MK2 hit the scene at the end of the year, the neo started collecting dust within the circles that I was running.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
You got into the neo at a great time, but I think your mileage with it varied from mine.

The neo, as “bad ass” as it was back then circa 92-95, was not the “be all - end all” of high end gaming. Not even close. As much as it turned heads, and had several “can’t put it down” titles, it was always getting outshined & 1-up’d by my SuperGun. Granted, I fell in love with the concept from day one. “play arcade games in your home”. Hell, I was dreaming about that since the 80’s Atari days for that matter. But at the end of the day, it only played SNK arcade games. So it didn’t quench the thirst. The hottest arcade titles were by Capcom, Konami, & Midway. PERIOD. Those were the MOST bad ass games at the arcade and those were the ones you had to have if you wanted to impress.

As great as Fatal Fury, World Heroes, Art of Fighting, and Samurai Showdown were during that time period, Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat 2 were TEN TIMES better. And I mean like no contest man. For every 2 hours we played the neo, we played 10 hours of SF2 & MK2.

It was a very different time back then. Nothing like today. Today, anyone can play anything at anytime and anywhere, and for free. Computers, lap tops, net books, emulators, smart phones, iPads, portable gaming devices, etc. It’s all out there now. It isn’t special anymore. Hasn’t been for years. It has no value and it holds nobodies attention. Back then it turned heads. It took center stage. It was a presentation that was both impressive and memorable. There was no internet as we know it. The average person couldn’t even find a SuperGun, let alone buy or build one. And even the few that took the time to do the research, would then hit the next brick wall; which was crushing prices. $649 for a neo console and then $200 for a Fatal Fury or Samurai Showdown cart was a fucking JOKE compared to $2,000 for an NBA JAM or an MK2 board.

So yes, having acquired a SF2 cart for the neo back then would have been cool, but it wouldn’t have even come close to solving the problem. Because even though from 91-92, SF2 was the king, by 93, MK had gained ground, and once MK2 hit the scene at the end of the year, the neo started collecting dust within the circles that I was running.

I'm trying to decide if you post more like Tanooki or TopTierArcade.