Someone working on Street Fighter 2 port to Neo Geo

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Is it even possible to wire up two additional buttons.

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Maybe repurpose / dual purpose start and select? Either way this would be interesting.
Or SS style a, b, a+b...

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Think this was posted on the forum before.
Looks cool.

It'll take a while to get use a Sam Sho button layout if that was the route they took.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
From what I remember, he only did it as a test. he's not porting it over.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Well, for the issue with med punch/kick, those could just be eliminated entirely. It worked pretty well in the first Capcom vs. SNK (I would never argue that this version is better than the sequel).

It wouldn't be a perfect port, certain characters wouldn't be able to do certain command moves but, it could work.

Jon

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
I hope having the NeoSD around continues to encourage all kinds of experiments. One detail that's interesting to me in this one is the music, I wonder if it's one big sample? It sounds dead on, but judging by how basic this demo is I'd be surprised if it featured an actual conversion to synth & samples.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i've always said that there should of been a arcade port of a street fighter game for the neo. i would of loved to see an arcade perfect port of street fighter alpha 2 or world warrior on the neo even if they had to compromise on the medium attacks,lol.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
i've always said that there should of been a arcade port of a street fighter game for the neo. i would of loved to see an arcade perfect port of street fighter alpha 2 or world warrior on the neo even if they had to compromise on the medium attacks,lol.

I guess SNK Vs. Capcom was as close as we'll get.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
How much work would it be to port a full CPS1 game to Neo? The hardware specs appear to be similar.

Black_Tiger

Kuroko's Training Dummy
How much work would it be to port a full CPS1 game to Neo? The hardware specs appear to be similar.

It's too much for fans to do for fun, as you'd basically be working from scratch, porting assets and attempting to recreate the programming. There is also the difference in resolution to be addressed. 64 pixels of width is enough that adjustments would be required for when/where enemies and bullets begin to spawn and appear on-screen.

Depending on how tile layers are used in games with lots of sprites, some spots in some games might push the Neo Geo's sprite limit, but any adjustment around that likely wouldn't be noticeable.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Yeah, Hyper Fighting for VB is pretty cool, it's best appreciated on a real VB system. I usually keep the cartridge with the rest of my loose carts and put the box/manual away.