Alternative Facts

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Are we still talking about Bernie Sanders like he was anything more than just another big government, pro-war cunt?

Because look at his voting record on matters concerning foreign policy....it was never dictated by morality but rather the party that was pushing it through.

He was every bit the hawk Hillary was during the Clinton and Obama admins and was only a "voice of reason" during the Dubya admin.

I don't know if I was commenting here on the race at a point where I'd be saying things just like this. There may be something in my posting history, somewhere. I think I at least indicated that I view Sanders as, ultimately, a party man, when I said those who were surprised by his backing Clinton didn't really understand him in the first place.

His backing Clinton does draw into question whatever "growth" he showed on foreign policy questions during the primaries. (He did improve on and distinguish himself from Clinton on FP during the primaries, whether he was sincere about it or not.)

I remember your thoughts on Ron Paul's foreign policy back in 2008 and your disillusionment over his hiring of family members for his campaign back then, which seems quaint now.

tl;dr: I agree with this post.

But I keep hearing people (I don't mean you, Spoon, but your post brought this to mind) explain their reasoning for supporting Trump vs. the alternative using reasoning that doesn't seem to be based on reality.

Like, yeah, Clinton was a neocon hawk.

Therefore, Trump will be the candidate of peace, the argument seems to go.

Is anyone watching the posturing over the Spratly Islands right now? Does war with China seem any less likely than a war with Russia under Clinton seemed?

Is anyone watching Trump promise the CIA we might get "another chance" to "take the oil" from Iraq, and still looking at him as an isolationist or non-interventionist?

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
The moves vs China and putting more troops, tanks and missiles in Eastern Europe started before Trump became president.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Please tell me what follows from that. Therefore, Trump is excused from altering course? Therefore, he is less of an imperialist war hawk than Clinton?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Is anyone watching the posturing over the Spratly Islands right now? Does war with China seem any less likely than a war with Russia under Clinton seemed?

It's interesting how much attention Trump and co. (Tillerson) have been paying attention to China concerning the South China Sea and the artificial islands China's built there. Duterte's already thrown in the towel and has his people's blind support but America still has to do something because it's the superpower of the world, and policing it is its job.

Now that it's possible that Trump may want to normalize relations with Taiwan - which would seriously, seriously undermine the credibility of the Party (officially, it is a 'rogue province') - geez. China's been building up and had that military parade in 2015. Interesting four years indeed. Hope if shit hits the fan no one eats me.

Last edited:

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I would post, but some insecure mentally disabled faggot ghosted me because he's too much of a pussy to debate me and abused his mod powers to prove how right he was.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Does he say bigly? I always hear him say bigly, but then I see online some people say he is saying big league.

I give him the benefit of the doubt and imagine he's thinking Big League, but what comes out of his pursed lips is "bigly."