Alternative Facts

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I oh get it now, never knew there was such a thing as alternative facts. I always thought facts were cut & dry, black & white, everything else was an opinion.

This is better than the '12 Romney campaign when they said, but we are not running a fact based campaign.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...etty-much-says-it-all/?utm_term=.5d39eee69c22

First she starts out with, you better be nice to us or else we won't be on Meet The Press anymore.

1:56 "You're saying it's a falsehood and they're giving Sean Spicer our press secretary... gave.... alternative facts to that."

Oh man i fell on the ground laughing, twice.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Alternative facts = lies.

Kellyanne Conway should be the new target focus of all comedians. That judas vagina has been having complete meltdowns trying to re-narrate the stories that are floating around the trump toilet.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
If the trump camp are unable to rise above something as trivial as how many people turned up to his inauguration then the press are going to bait them and make fools of them for his whole term. Who could resist something as easy and fun as that?

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Alternative facts = lies.

Kellyanne Conway should be the new target focus of all comedians. That judas vagina has been having complete meltdowns trying to re-narrate the stories that are floating around the trump toilet.

I forgot his exact phrase for it but he doesn't lie, he just uses greatly exaggerated hyperbole.

But yeah, who cares how many people showed up really? This isn't your Apprentice TV show anymore.
He couldn't have looked very sane telling the CIA that 1.5 million people showed up to watch him speak.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I forgot his exact phrase for it but he doesn't lie, he just uses greatly exaggerated hyperbole.

But yeah, who cares how many people showed up really? This isn't your Apprentice TV show anymore.
He couldn't have looked very sane telling the CIA that 1.5 million people showed up to watch him speak.

It was really troubling how Conway railed on the senate for not confirming Pompeo yet, which caused him to miss the Trump speech at the CIA.

This is troubling because Trump and his team, and every retard who voted for him, cuts corners, and scorns those who do try to do the job the right way. Trump's team pushes for sloppiness as if to create patsies to throw under the bus later.

And "throw under the bus" Trump already has, when he publicly said that Spicer went to far in his defense of the attendance figures.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Does anyone who supported Trump want to chime in, here?

That's not a challenge. I'd just really like to know how you feel about the press secretary starting things off like this.

I don't think it looks very good. It seems like a petty topic to focus on, for one thing, and a death blow to this White House's credibility, for another. "Alternative Facts" is not the meme to establish at the beginning of your administration.

Like, even if you want to read this as a chess move (Trump wins the news cycle again! The administration is actually making a point about how petty the press is! The traditional press is proven obsolete!), it just comes across as diminishing the office of the Presidency, now and in the future.

Right now I'm finding it impossible to picture the *next* administration: the campaign, the transition, the world order it will inhabit. I don't think that Trump's meta-supporters like Peter Thiel have a clue about it either.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
it just comes across as diminishing the office of the Presidency, now and in the future.

Right now I'm finding it impossible to picture the *next* administration: the campaign, the transition, the world order it will inhabit

I'll agree with that.

I think the death rattle started when he deliberately wouldn't take questions from a CNN reporter.

Sounds like there's going to be a lot of finger pointing and shrugging of shoulders in this administration.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think that Peter Thiel has really shown himself to be a horrible horrible person through all of this. Did Trump promise him a cabinet position as crypto monarchist of Mars? It looks like it the way he's funded and directed so much of this alt nonsense.

Marek

Banned
I love how all the trump faggots are totally absent from all neo geo political conversation.

Smokehouse and ki are really the only ones contributing any kind of conservative viewpoints that are worth listening to anymore. They aren't trumpfaggots at all, though ki definitely tasted a sip of the koolaide during the election.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Uri once used the name Hypersomething on KLOV. When he got himself banned for his erratic, anti-social behavior, he blamed me and a few other people. He then created another account "Nortonisanigger" and sent us lynching pictures with lots of N Bombs.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Uri once used the name Hypersomething on KLOV. When he got himself banned for his erratic, anti-social behavior, he blamed me and a few other people. He then created another account "Nortonisanigger" and sent us lynching pictures with lots of N Bombs.

Ahahahahahahaha

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I love how all the trump faggots are totally absent from all neo geo political conversation.

Smokehouse and ki are really the only ones contributing any kind of conservative viewpoints that are worth listening to anymore. They aren't trumpfaggots at all, though ki definitely tasted a sip of the koolaide during the election.

It was more of a backlash against the liberal tide. I fucking hate Trump too, just hate Hillary worse.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
It was more of a backlash against the liberal tide. I fucking hate Trump too, just hate Hillary worse.

It really pisses me off that we could have had Sanders as President keeping Congress in check. Clinton's baggage and abysmal campaign caused this shit show. Now the inmates are running the asylum and all the Trumpfaggots have crawled back under their trailers. Don't come crying to us when your foodstamps get cut and you're living like the underground people in Demolition Man.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It really pisses me off that we could have had Sanders as President keeping Congress in check. Clinton's baggage and abysmal campaign caused this shit show. Now the inmates are running the asylum and all the Trumpfaggots have crawled back under their trailers. Don't come crying to us when your foodstamps get cut and you're living like the underground people in Demolition Man.

Pretty much. But both sides go about things the completely wrong way. One big example:

Instead of throwing money at people, democrats should try to fix the economy so people don't need to rely on assistance.

Instead of pulling the rug out from under people, republicans should focus on the economy and gradually decrease assistance as people start to get jobs and don't need it anymore.

Fuckin' idiots, all of them. It's the economy, stupid.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Pretty much. But both sides go about things the completely wrong way. One big example:

Instead of throwing money at people, democrats should try to fix the economy so people don't need to rely on assistance.

Instead of pulling the rug out from under people, republicans should focus on the economy and gradually decrease assistance as people start to get jobs and don't need it anymore.

Fuckin' idiots, all of them. It's the economy, stupid.

The thing is, people don't need to rely on the government for assistance, by and large, but ensuring lower costs for goods ensures a higher standard of living for the US populace, which is something seemingly lost on conservatives.

Formally backing out of the TPP was a clear sign that Trump is detached. America is not a factory nation. We're not China or India, and no country will be lining up to by made in America if it costs more. While other nations have dreamed about being more like the service sector America, with financial services, tech development, and the other revenue generating industries you will only find in places where conservatives are powerless,

the conservatives dream of a plantation america, where the good white folk could sit on their porch and sip lemonade while the the colored folk till the field and pick cotton. Can I get an amen, Jordan?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
**Tries to wave but is too worn out

All this winning is fucking exhausting bro.

Heh... I'm only here for the lulz...

Trump is a one man meme machine... it's gonna be a very interesting few years or so...

As a UK member... i'm gonna put on ma' slippers... get the popcorn out... slide back and just press F5 a lot:D

xROTx

PS. I must admit tho'... the butthurt I have seen recently has been sorta enlightening...

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
So the President calls out the mainstream Media, saying they report fake news, & their response is to threaten him by posting MORE fake news? democrats.gif

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
I'm uncertain yet, but I've been coming to a possible conclusion that what we're seeing is the last gasp of the Republican party as we know it.

It's all going to be dependent on how well the Democrats can mobilize voters to turnout for the midterm elections in November 2018. God knows that shouldn't be difficult on paper, but in reality it's still an unknown as the Democrats had such an incredible built-in advantage over Trump. Yet they managed to fuck that up in short order by trotting out the only candidate that was capable of keeping voters home instead of getting them out to the voting booths.

In any event, it's possible the Supreme Court is going to be hearing a case on gerrymandering soon as an appellate court ruled against Alabama in their case on the subject. Forcing congressional districts to be drawn properly would be a huge step forward in trying to get some semblance of balance into the government.

Either way Trump and his band of idiots are doing everything they can to ensure the end of the Republican party. Depending on how well the Democrats become organized, you are looking at the possibility of a boomerang effect so severe, the conservatives are going to find themselves wishing they had done things differently.

@Ki, I hated Hillary quite a bit, but if I had to cast a deciding vote between her and Trump to determine who won the election, I would have voted for Hillary without reservation. At least you know where she stands and what you would have gotten with her, warts and all. Trump had no business getting out of the primaries, and too bad the Republicans were so insistent on letting the primaries be the shitshow they were. Had they clamped down instead of letting the thing turn into a circus, we might have been spared Trump altogether. Instead he is going to undermine quite a lot in this country in a short amount of time, while installing a bunch of unqualified sacks of shit to positions of importance. He is an absolute fucking moron who is worse than any career politician because he has no clue as to what he is doing, and doesn't even understand the trade agreements he is intent on pulling out of, or has pulled out of. His voter base is even fucking stupider since they truly believe manufacturing jobs will somehow come back to the US. Trump cannot bring back jobs, nor can he bring back the heyday of the American manufacturing sector of the 1950s and 1960s. But what can you expect when the most rabid of his supporters are functional illiterates who have no understanding of the global economy as it currently exists, and believe in the soundbites a professional reality TV star perfected.

Are we fucked? No I don't think so. But this is shaping up to be a miserable four years already. One can only hope the Dems get a majority in both the Senate and House in 2018 and turn his final two years into a lame duck presidency. It's going to take awhile to undo all of the damage he has done. Let's not forget he just appointed a guy to the FCC who is against net neutrality and was a former Verizon lawyer.