Trump decides to do a blind trust

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Trump simply can't sell off his businesses.

When you use shell corporations to spin off massive amounts of debt, you will find few buyers.

Anyone willing to "Buy" those companies creates a bigger conflict of interest than "owning" them.

Last edited:

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
The lawyers were waiting, and now they pounced. Going after Trump for his business, violating the Constitution by receiving money from foreign countries. But eh... How can they just go after one example of this happening and just ignore the rest?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The lawyers were waiting, and now they pounced. Going after Trump for his business, violating the Constitution by receiving money from foreign countries. But eh... How can they just go after one example of this happening and just ignore the rest?

The problem is that the plaintiffs need to establish standing; they need to show that they are proper parties to file a lawsuit against Trump. This is typically shown by injury - that a party has lost financially against the defendant.

And there's an issue whether the plaintiffs against Trump here have standing, as their "injury" is highly debatable.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
The problem is that the plaintiffs need to establish standing; they need to show that they are proper parties to file a lawsuit against Trump. This is typically shown by injury - that a party has lost financially against the defendant.

And there's an issue whether the plaintiffs against Trump here have standing, as their "injury" is highly debatable.

I don't really know much about the law, but couldn't "injury" be claimed by saying Trump is diminishing the stature of America overseas? As such it is painting Americans with a brush at large that is negative, and impacting their ability to solicit foreign clients due to the diminished stature, and lumping in of all Americans under Trump...or some thing to that effect. That's probably a massive stretch.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don't think that would work either. We would need to show actual injury for it to be a slam dunk. Otherwise a decision stemming from this action will always have problems.

That said, it's probably premature.

A good plaintiff for this kind of action would be the Four Seasons hotel in DC, as its losing events to the Trump Hotel (the Kuwaiti event in particular was moved to Trump after the election - a clear signal of pay to play, while damaging the business of Four Seasons.

DangerousK

20 Year Member
I don't think that would work either. We would need to show actual injury for it to be a slam dunk. Otherwise a decision stemming from this action will always have problems.

That said, it's probably premature.

A good plaintiff for this kind of action would be the Four Seasons hotel in DC, as its losing events to the Trump Hotel (the Kuwaiti event in particular was moved to Trump after the election - a clear signal of pay to play, while damaging the business of Four Seasons.

The Four Seasons would be a great litmus case. Do you think it is likely we will see some sort of litigation involving them and the Trump Hotel?

I feel Trump is in a bad spot since he's already got an army of lawyers gunning for him in a way no other President has had to deal with while in office. I figure it's only a matter of time before they break through against him. Question is going to be more timelines and whether they can be successful in a short amount of time rather than getting something dragged out for 4 years.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The Four Seasons would be a great litmus case. Do you think it is likely we will see some sort of litigation involving them and the Trump Hotel?

I feel Trump is in a bad spot since he's already got an army of lawyers gunning for him in a way no other President has had to deal with while in office. I figure it's only a matter of time before they break through against him. Question is going to be more timelines and whether they can be successful in a short amount of time rather than getting something dragged out for 4 years.

I don't see Four Seasons trying to get into a legal battle with the government. The biggest issue I have with all of this is that the tax payer money is used to defend Trump.

Think about how crooked that is.

DangerousK

20 Year Member
I don't see Four Seasons trying to get into a legal battle with the government. The biggest issue I have with all of this is that the tax payer money is used to defend Trump.

Think about how crooked that is.

Oh I already know how crooked it is.

The millions of dollars that were pissed away on defending/protecting Chris Christie here in NJ when the Bridgegate thing was ongoing, only to see a couple of his lackeys get prosecuted and convicted. Was a total sham, especially since everyone knows Christie was complicit in the entire deal. But perks of being a former US Attorney/prosecutor is you know how to separate yourself from the act well enough to avoid prosecution. Nothing is going to happen to Trump in spite of the pay-for-play schemes and other illegalities...or by the time something does he'll either be out of office or dead.

Marek

Banned
I wonder what ki fagsushi thinks of this. After all he's a very principled man of God and stoic "stands to reason" simple minded Republican.