Toodles FGW

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Can anyone recreate the PIC? for the FGW?

It looks like he won't make them anymore but a lot of people I requested these things for their superguns and lately they have started to fail. I tried reaching out to Marcus with no reply. I had to fix one by swapping in a new chip from a new kit I had an extra of.

I have two more kits, so if someone just needs one to pull the logic off it to recreate it, that'd be no problem.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I haven't heard of someone recreating the FGW but I believe etokki carried a PSX/PS2->discrete output decoder at one point, if that helps at all.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
This is sad, the world needs more FGW's.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I haven't heard of someone recreating the FGW but I believe etokki carried a PSX/PS2->discrete output decoder at one point, if that helps at all.

Nah, those are different. Looking for something that will drop right in so I don't have to rewire everything, some of these superguns have 4 x FGWs. Plus I've come across those laugh ones that have failed as well.

M.D.K

n00b
Any progress with sourcing a replacement yet? I've tried emailing Marcus but had no response either.

I doubt you could pull the logic from them due to the copy protection features on the MC without using a more invasive method. I need 2 as well for a SG build and I guess GLC won't be returning any time soon.

If the encoders seem to be failing it might be worth looking at alternates, I know RGB does a small pcb for Saturn controllers.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Nope, not yet but I think RGB can make a better one. I'll check with him.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
What exactly does this do? Does it more or less decode SFC/SNES/Saturn/PS controllers into button outputs, meant to connect to a JAMMA edge or Neo?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
What exactly does this do? Does it more or less decode SFC/SNES/Saturn/PS controllers into button outputs, meant to connect to a JAMMA edge or Neo?

yeah, think PSX controller ports on a supergun and you got the idea

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yes, it can take inputs from either a Playstation, Saturn, or SNES controller and convert the signal to individual signals. So you could then either make it output DB15 for a simple Neo/Supergun adapter or tie them with another PCB to make a PS1/Saturn/SNES to whatever converter.

M.D.K

n00b
Nope, not yet but I think RGB can make a better one. I'll check with him.

That's a shame, got a feeling something better will come along, would be good to see RGB take this on.

Pretty much, the inputs can then be assigned to the jamma edge as required, then just adapt a console extension lead to which ever controller is required.

I guess the draw back with the FGW you can only assign one controller, would be nice to see a converter that could cycle the inputs and select the correct controller logic.