The National Day of Patriotic Devotion

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPhHl2DpD4E#t=00m09s

Trump Sought Military Equipment For Inauguration, Granted 20-Plane Flyover
During the preparation for Friday痴 transfer-of-power, a member of Trump痴 transition team floated the idea of including tanks and missile launchers in the inaugural parade, a source involved in inaugural planning told The Huffington Post. 典hey were legit thinking Red Square/North Korea-style parade, the source said, referring to massive military parades in Moscow and Pyongyang, typically seen as an aggressive display of muscle-flexing.

The military, which traditionally works closely with the presidential inaugural committee, shot down the request, the source said. Their reason was twofold. Some were concerned about the optics of having tanks and missile launchers rolling down Pennsylvania Avenue. But they also worried that the tanks, which often weigh over 100,000 pounds, would destroy the roads.

的 could absolutely see structural support being a reason [not to use tanks], a Department of Defense official said. 泥.C. is built on a swamp to begin with.

Defense Department spokeswoman Valerie Henderson declined to comment on the request for tanks and missile launchers, referring questions to the Trump transition team. Trump advisor Boris Epshteyn told HuffPost that the presidential inaugural committee worked closely with the military 鍍o render appropriate honors for Trump痴 swearing-in. But he directed questions about 都pecific aspects of the military痴 support to the Defense Department.

The Pentagon didn稚 reject all of Trump痴 ideas. At the request of the president-elect, there are five military flyovers ― one for each branch of the armed services ― planned for Friday痴 inaugural parade, Pentagon spokesman Maj. Jamie Davis told HuffPost.

The Air Force plans to fly four fighter jets: an F-35, an F-16, an F-22 and an F-15E. The Navy will fly four F/A-18 combat jets. The Army will fly four UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters. The Marines will fly four V-22 Ospreys. And the Coast Guard, which is still finalizing plans, is looking at flying four MH-65 rescue helicopters, Davis said. The number and type of planes used could change, depending on Friday痴 weather, he added.

Military flyovers are not typically part of inaugural parades. Outgoing President Barack Obama did not use any military aircraft at either of his inaugurations, the Defense Department official said. There were no flyovers at President George W. Bush痴 2005 inauguration, but he did have a flyover during his 2001 opening ceremony, which occurred two days before the inauguration. President Ronald Reagan considered including flyovers in his second inauguration in 1985, but one never materialized, the official said. Before that, the last president to include military flyovers as part of his inauguration was President Harry Truman in 1949.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I approve of a military show of force, why the hell not it's the BIG day!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Still trying to figure out what making America great "again" means.

If it means going back to Truman, then Japan is fucked.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
What did he do?

He basically said that our current government is shitty, corrupt, and has ignored the US public......and then went on to say he'd correct that.

Now, I couldn't agree with him more...our national government is a corrupt, dysfunctional pile of shit that has completely failed us...he hit the nail on the head.

Will Trump be the one to correct it? Doubt it.

The commentary on NBC made this "Well...we really didn't expect that. He insulted everyone, including the Republican majority" comment. Honestly, I agree with Trump on that one. Might as well call them out publicly, they have been fucking horrible...all of them.

That speech pissed off Obama big time...it was all over his face.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Well, we did elect a troll to be president.

Yup...4chan would have been proud of that one...

As soon as things had wrapped up...here comes the jerkoff's bitching about the election things again...fuck's sake...what a bunch of cunts.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
OK... I've been watching this... and TBH... I am amazed by how divisive the commentators in the UK are making it...

To them it's like the end of the World... and they don't even live in the USA...

To normal people on the street in the UK... no one cares... it's your country 'Murikan lads and lassies...

SURE... ANY President affects the outcome of World politics... but geez... get a grip... MOST of the commentators they have on TV atm... have never even been to the USA:D

xROTx

PS. Anyway... I must confess... I am looking forward to the lulz during Trumps term...:keke:

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
OK... I've been watching this... and TBH... I am amazed by how divisive the commentators in the UK are making it...

To them it's like the end of the World... and they don't even live in the USA...

We stopped listening to our media after Trump Won, & I would imagine you guys stopped listing to YOUR media after brexit. I think the world is changing for the better.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
We stopped listening to our media after Trump Won, & I would imagine you guys stopped listing to YOUR media after brexit. I think the world is changing for the better.

I say the guy do his shit and let let chips fall...

We've had decades of career politicians...and appointed "experts" in key positions...and look where it has got us, right into a giant clusterfuck.

People keep slamming him, and slamming those he has appointed and not a single one of them has done a thing at this point. Let's see what they do, it could be great, it could be shit. Who knows. All know is this, all the experts, all the politicians have got us fuck-all so far.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
you can't minimize how what he wants to do will affect the world at large - immensely. for better or worse.

(he is a Gemini though - he is light on his feet in the speech department - I don't know if he can walk the walk. Ali could, at any rate.
Obama is a Leo. a wanker basically)

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
it's kind of funny, but at the same time, how does them not reacting to him make them all talk?
All talk, no action. Many such cases! SAD! I think someone kicked over a few garbage cans at least. What's funny is if they had backed bernie sanders they may have won. I might have said this before, but the democratic party was it's own worst enemy. They didn't focus on one candidate hard enough & that really divided their voting power. I know people who abstained from voting entirely when bernie sanders suddenly supported Hillary after months of him saying she was the establishment & had bad judgment. Who know what would have happened if things had gone the other way.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Now, I couldn't agree with him more...our national government is a corrupt, dysfunctional pile of shit that has completely failed us...he hit the nail on the head.

Will Trump be the one to correct it? Doubt it.

His cabinet picks say it all.
Corrupt Billionaires
Rusophiles
Neo-Con imperialists.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
All talk, no action. Many such cases! SAD! I think someone kicked over a few garbage cans at least. What's funny is if they had backed bernie sanders they may have won. I might have said this before, but the democratic party was it's own worst enemy. They didn't focus on one candidate hard enough & that really divided their voting power. I know people who abstained from voting entirely when bernie sanders suddenly supported Hillary after months of him saying she was the establishment & had bad judgment. Who know what would have happened if things had gone the other way.

If they had ran traditional kitchen table and farmer adds in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin and Michigan they would have won.