The National Day of Patriotic Devotion

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I don't understand how you can support and vote for Trump based on what he said and did during the campaign, and now say that you're "done" with him for following through with the shit that he said he would do if elected. Did you really believe the people who said he would change once he was elected? Or that what he said wasn't the same as what was in his heart?

Also, I used to have to go to Phoenix regularly for work. Literally the only two things I looked forward to were going to Bookmans, and getting on the plane to get the hell out of there.

I was born in Phoenix, moved when I was 10. Don't want to go and be in work camp wearing a pink uniform busting rocks in 110 degree weather for having a hashpipe.

I'm gonna have to agree with Charlie, the travel bans and proposed muslism regristry bun him over the edge from facist into nazi territory.

Seems like to me politicians are heel wrestling characters these days. Trump has stayed in character through the general election, being presidential elect now having taking office. You can't rely on the republicans, they could've stop this shit train at anytime. Right now they are to busy getting promotions and having him sign stuff to do anything.

Last edited:

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Seems like to me politicians are heel wrestling characters these days. Trump has stayed in character through the general election, being presidential elect now having taking office. You can't rely on the republicans, they could've stop this shit train at anytime. Right now they are to busy getting promotions and having him sign stuff to do anything.

The wrestling analogy is interesting; I was thinking about the same thing. Trump seems to act like the world is his personal kayfabe. He just doesn't think of any consequences - just how he looks in front of the camera.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I've noted to a few people that in a way it's kind of refreshing to see a politician actually carry out everything he said he would during the campaign. The sting in the tail is everything he said he would do I completely disagreed with.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Do you think human-influenced climate change has any validity to it, or that it is massively overstated?

I have no real opinion one way or another because I don't have a science background and it's difficult to understand a lot of the data out there.

Fun fact: Mt. Pinatubo's eruption alone cooled the earth for the following 3 years by over 1 degree fahrenheit due to SO2 emissions (sulfur compounds have a cooling effect because they reflect solar radiation).

Now scientists like to say volcanoes put out CO2 in the hundreds of millions of tons annually, and humans create 10's of billions of tons... but if one volcano can simultaneously pump out greenhouse gases like CO2 yet lower the earth's temperate a whole degree by itself for long periods of time it makes me skeptical of our actual impact on global temperature.

Can you provide data for that?

I wish I knew where my class notes were, I'd love to dig them up and copy them straight form the horse's mouth. I graduated almost 5 years ago now though.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Fun fact: Mt. Pinatubo's eruption alone cooled the earth for the following 3 years by over 1 degree fahrenheit due to SO2 emissions (sulfur compounds have a cooling effect because they reflect solar radiation).

Now scientists like to say volcanoes put out CO2 in the hundreds of millions of tons annually, and humans create 10's of billions of tons... but if one volcano can simultaneously pump out greenhouse gases like CO2 yet lower the earth's temperate a whole degree by itself for long periods of time it makes me skeptical of our actual impact on global temperature.

Humans also have the ability to pump out lots of earth cooling particulates. All they have to do is go back to 1930's industrial standards. Unfortunately, that shit is nasty.

It wonder if when the clean air standards were set, any industry leaders pointed to a volcano and said "But a Volcano......".

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member

As I understand it, the cooling has everything to do with the sulfuric acid emitted by volcanic eruptions, which you do mention. So saying everything is fine because of the CO2 output being high, yet the net result being cooling strikes me as a little disingenuous since if you could eliminate the sulfuric acid output of the volcanic eruption, there would be no cooling effect. IIRC, the residual effects of a major volcanic eruption can hang around for up to 7 years...which in the case of Mount Pinatubo could put us in 1998 before the effects wore off.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
so you just have anecdotal evidence?

Do you think that something like fraud would be easy to research? Frauds tend to hide their crime...

As I understand it, the cooling has everything to do with the sulfuric acid emitted by volcanic eruptions, which you do mention. So saying everything is fine because of the CO2 output being high, yet the net result being cooling strikes me as a little disingenuous since if you could eliminate the sulfuric acid output of the volcanic eruption, there would be no cooling effect. IIRC, the residual effects of a major volcanic eruption can hang around for up to 7 years...which in the case of Mount Pinatubo could put us in 1998 before the effects wore off.

I find it amazing that a comparatively small amount of SO2 can counter the effects of a much greater amount of CO2. I'm not saying that we can just go about our business and pollute the shit out of the earth without consequences, but I do think that "climate change" is overblown.

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Nationalism almost always turns into racism. Look at skinheads, it started out for awhile about younger working class people who were fed up with the system and didnt see much of a future for themselves. Had zero to do with racism.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Nationalism almost always turns into racism. Look at skinheads, it started out for awhile about younger working class people who were fed up with the system and didnt see much of a future for themselves. Had zero to do with racism.

The desire for order and cooperation is a natural human instinct. Nationalism is the perversion of that instinct to destroy instead of to build. There would be no point to calling it "Nationalism" without the implication of exclusion.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I've noted to a few people that in a way it's kind of refreshing to see a politician actually carry out everything he said he would during the campaign. The sting in the tail is everything he said he would do I completely disagreed with.

You just hit the nail on the head. Ironically, the modern cynical tendency to assume politicians are full of hot air led many to believe Trump would backtrack some of his extreme positions. Well it turns out he wasn't bullshitting after all and is, in fact, proceeding full steam ahead to crazy town.

Marek

Banned
You just hit the nail on the head. Ironically, the modern cynical tendency to assume politicians are full of hot air led many to believe Trump would backtrack some of his extreme positions. Well it turns out he wasn't bullshitting after all and is, in fact, proceeding full steam ahead to crazy town.

Yup.

Nice work LWKKK