SSII "suggested procedures for optimum earnings" pink slip

tenfresh

Mega Shock!!,
Somehow I never noticed this in my SSII kit. Anyone know if this was included in all SSII kits or added later?

A fun find. It strikes me as oddly sterile language for them to use on vendors.

TL;DR: "This is a good game! Charge more money for it and put it in a good spot and it will do real good!"

pdq5rvknss8y3.jpg

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Nice, I'm sure I had something similar for Magical Drop 2 IIRC and others, definitively there are more around, it would be nice documenting them..

Sounds like a 1:1 translation from Japanese, *LOL* "position the game with top earning equipment" suggestion...

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
last sentence is best sentence.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
SSII was definitely a $0.50 game, right at the time when games still cost just a quarter.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I had a similar in my Tekken tag tournament manual with adjusted dip switch and soft dip settings for optimal income.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I was so pissed when games started needing two quarters to play instead of one. It's hard enough to get my mom to give me one quarter, now I gotta get her to give me TWO?

FWIW Samurai Shodown II was the most popular game in the arcade for a while in my neck of the woods.

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
SS2 was too ballin' for just one quarter. I was at this "retro" arcade in Jersey over the summer and all of the Neo-Geo and Capcom stuff was a dollar per play, and the newer games were $0.50.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Cool find!

And yeah, my heartbreak when games began to need 50 cents to start.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
Here in Montreal, Neo-Geo stuff was always 25 cents for some reasons. It was never set at a 'premium" price. The first fighting games were MK2 when it released, and MK3/UMK3

NBA JAM TE has a similar flyer with the documentation, and I remember that on my cabinet, in the service menu, the "catch-up" AI option has a message saying something like "Catch-UP AI will max profits according to our tests!" It would enable or disable the 'rigged' feel of the game, or so it would say. It always felt rigged even with the option OFF