NEO-MVH MV1C Missing parts.

LordsXO

n00b
I just picked up a MV1C that I'll eventually stick in my cabinet. The description says that it excelent condition, but it really isn't. It's missing a couple components, and I'm hoping that someone would be able to fill in what belongs.

PC24 and PC21 on the back near RAM5. I did find something that said that PC21 is a .1uf, but it was a maybe answer. The other one missing is PC10 in the Back Up Area.

I don't know if these were removed for trouble shooting or not, but I won't put power to it till I replace the missing ones. Plus, the fuse is jumped, telling me that something was up with this board.

Any help would be appreciated.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I just picked up a MV1C that I'll eventually stick in my cabinet. The description says that it excelent condition, but it really isn't. It's missing a couple components, and I'm hoping that someone would be able to fill in what belongs.

PC24 and PC21 on the back near RAM5. I did find something that said that PC21 is a .1uf, but it was a maybe answer. The other one missing is PC10 in the Back Up Area.

I don't know if these were removed for trouble shooting or not, but I won't put power to it till I replace the missing ones. Plus, the fuse is jumped, telling me that something was up with this board.

Any help would be appreciated.

Those are most likely filtering caps, and where left off from factory. I've seen this before with MV-1FZ's. Now the fuse being jumped is not normal. How is it "jumped"?

LordsXO

n00b
The fuse is jumped on the underside with a cut off from something like a resister.

The missing parts were definitely there at one point. They were removed forcefully, the solder is shaped as if something square was there.

LordsXO

n00b
Here are a couple pictures. Thanks for any help. The board is alright other wise.

MVS MV1C Missing PC24 PC21.PNG

bwi

20 Year Member
chip zoom.jpg

Looks like you missing a couple of components, i thought maybe resistorsbut you mentioned a cap.

Last edited:

LordsXO

n00b
I'm working on an educated guess that they are caps since every marking with "PC##" is a cap.

I was really hoping that there would be at least one person with the same board that could look at their board and sort out what type of cap is missing off of mine. So I got to say, thanks bwi for your interest in helping me.

bwi

20 Year Member
I dont know how to read the rating of a smd cap. I do have a multimeter but i just use that for the basics. I dont know of it can read cap values tbh. If someone could point the way then i would get the reading for you.

LordsXO

n00b
I'll give it a shot with the 0.1uf, what is the worse that would happen? Will I see any puffs of smoke from something that is difficult to replace.

Thanks for the advice Xian Xi.