The King of Fighters: World Announced for Android and iOS

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I miss Rhythm of Fighters. Its a terrible shame that it didn't last that long. Luckily I still have it working on my iPad.

Beast Busters was pretty fun too. Didn't get nearly as much attention as it deserved.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I miss Rhythm of Fighters. Its a terrible shame that it didn't last that long. Luckily I still have it working on my iPad.

Beast Busters was pretty fun too. Didn't get nearly as much attention as it deserved.

Totally agree. Rhythm of Fighters was way more fun than it had any right to be. It sucks that the servers are gone so it's impossible to get more music for it now. :(

Fygee

20 Year Member
At the very least an APK of the original game can be had on the intarwebz.

I'm still really perplexed as to why it and Beast Busters were pulled. They had over a million downloads, and I'm sure that with RoF they were making some decent cash from the extra tracks.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Rhythm of Fighters was way more fun than it had any right to be. It sucks that the servers are gone so it's impossible to get more music for it now.
QFT. Definitely another title that reminded me not to judge a game before I tried it.

So, let's hope for the best with this one too (though I really feel a KOF RPG is a strange choice).

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
I didn't even know Rhythm of fighters was a thing. It's a shame SNK is just the King of Fighters company now. You would think with access to games like cool cool toon that actually have something to do with music they would do something with it, but I hear king of fighters 14 barely happened as is.

Fygee

20 Year Member
I didn't even know Rhythm of fighters was a thing. It's a shame SNK is just the King of Fighters company now. You would think with access to games like cool cool toon that actually have something to do with music they would do something with it, but I hear king of fighters 14 barely happened as is.

Every building needs a foundation to build from.

Their mobile division and KOF 14 are their foundation for their (second) rebirth. They're wise to go with their guaranteed money makers first. Other games from other IPs will follow, I'm sure.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
there are very few women in those trailers...

Fygee

20 Year Member
I noticed that too. Gotta throw at least Mai in there.

Is that Billy without a head scarf? Dude's rocking blue hair and an a punk do. No way in hell I'd cover that up with a headscarf if my hair was that boss.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Good stuff. Looks like Billy looks more like his Garou Densetsu Premium pachislot incarnation (great pachislot game btw):

Billy-premium.png

Fygee

20 Year Member
Figures that his hair would look very similar to his headscarf.

Totally agree. Rhythm of Fighters was way more fun than it had any right to be. It sucks that the servers are gone so it's impossible to get more music for it now. :(

Wondering if anyone has a complete copy of ROF? (all the DLC downloaded; stages opened up, etc)
For those who haven't played, the game downloads new levels from the server as you reach them (I guess to minimise the initial payload) As a result, once the server's gone - as it is now - that content's completely inaccessible if not already played.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R84cy-xl1yo

Beast Buster's the same.

Whatever your views on the game (I personally think it's awesome, but recognize it's not everyone's cup of tea) it would be a real shame if this SNK digital content was lost over the passage of time.
I wouldn't trust that archiving is top of SNK corp's "todo" list (the server's likely been long decommissioned to host other titles, and it wouldn't be the first time in dev history that no one had the foresight to back things up first)
So, if you do have the full title, please, please, back it up and keep it safe :)
Whilst here, I'd also plug Metal Slug Attack as a really good title: relevant, fun, deep and without any obvious hard paywalls (40+ hours in, I've still to shell out hard cash)
I definitely think a long-term strategy of the "traditional" console/arcade titles that we're all familiar with, supported by long-tail mobile experiences is the way to go.

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
I'm semi interested in this. I wouldn't play a fighter on my phone or tablet but something like this....maybe!

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Why couldn't we have that version of kyo in kof14. I'll reserve judgment for gameplay footage and details.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
1487049911536691.jpg

1487049962366846.jpg

daaaamn.gif

1487125081700744.jpg

1487125067933127.jpg

http://nginx.18touch.com/quanhuangshijies.html

http://nginx.18touch.com/quanhuangshijieq.html

SmaMan

Cheng's Errand Boy
Cool! More screenshots!

I think the character models look alright. Still a bit of uncanny valley going on, but not nearly as bad as Shinkiro's CvS-era work. (Sorry, not a fan of his "realistic, but everyone has the same face" style.)

The locations look interesting. As I believe it was stated earlier in this thread, who knows what they mean by MMORPG. Will you actually be able to walk around and freely explore these environments or just tap different points of interest on a map? (With this being mobile focused, probably the latter.)

Eh, it's free-to-play and a franchise I like, so I'm probably still gonna give this a shot.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Definitely some "Shinkirou-esque" style face modeling there where they all have a similar look. Interesting choice to go with a more American/European look with long, angular faces.

Joe looks like he has facial palsy. Nobody yells like that with their mouth open and their cheek muscles completely neutral. Its weird.

Yuri looks weird. He doesn't looks like her usual self at all.

I dig King's look with the ramped up sexiness and popped collar.

As for the game itself, it looks....I don't know. I'd have to see it in action before I can make any judgment. My biggest worry is that its going to be another "free to play" game filled with expensive paywalls and gachas that completely ruin the experience for anyone that doesn't have thousands of dollars to blow without a second thought.

Last edited:

Fygee

20 Year Member
There's no way they'll keep Mai out of the game.

Without any evidence otherwise, I'm thinking either these will be the first release launch characters, or are just the first ones being announced prior to launch with more to come.

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
There's no way they'll keep Mai out of the game.

Without any evidence otherwise, I'm thinking either these will be the first release launch characters, or are just the first ones being announced prior to launch with more to come.

I certainly hope that's the case :(

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Since when did Kyo transition and start dressing like Yuri?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Those models look horrendous.

Mai is in one the artworks you can find in the 2nd link.