Anyone do smd repair/replacement?

mltv

n00b
hey folks,

I have a MMP Cave board that has the issue described here:

http://blog.system11.org/?p=355

Ive never replaced a smd, and dont want a MMP board to be my first..So, checking to see if anyone does this? I already have the replacement chip.

Also, if anyone in NJ does this, then that would be awesome so I can watch & learn.

thanks!

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
Ive done smd repairs for quite a few years but I cant take jobs very often. still, if you cant find anyone else feel free to pm me. note that this is a tricky job on a expensive board, so dont expect "college kid with a soldering iron" prices.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
This is a fairly simple job for anyone with a hot air SMD rework tool, kapton tape, a pair of tweezers, flux, a hoof tip soldering iron and some desoldering wick.

cover the area surrounding the amps with kapton tape to protect them from the heat, then use the SMD tool to heat the broken pieces and remove with tweezers.
Use a soldering wick to clean up old solder, and line up your replacement components, flux the legs/pads and use your tinned hoof tip soldering iron to gently wipe a bead of solder across the legs.

Clean up any bridges (there wont be any if you do it right) with more wick and you're done.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
Three SOT transistors is a quick fix if you want to send it my way. I can have it done and shipped back same day.