Nintendo Switch will have classic Neo Geo games

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Yeah I don't get the hype either other than maybe having a better netplay setup than what we have (which I doubt). These ports are probably going to be poorly emulated or have noticeable input lag. Not like it mattress anyhow, as I doubt people who will play on the Nintendo Ants Controller care about authenticity.

Hori is going to release a $149.99 arcade stick for the Switch.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Is it going to have online? If I saw the article right it's from the same company that is doing the old Neo Geo Ports with no online even though the last generation (PS3) had the exact same ports with online. Another waste of time. If I want to play Neo Geo on the go PSP works just fine.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
I'm all for this missed out on the PSN Neo-Geo station. Then soon as I got around to pulling the trigger *poof*

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Windjammers on the Switch for take anywhere multiplayer would be 100% worth grabbing. Don't know if I can enjoy a fighting game on half a Joycon though.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I swear to god I don't understand the attraction of buying these games over and over and over and over and over and over again

Seriously, people keep buying the same games over and over again. Every time someone makes a thread about a neo game coming to a new console I laugh.

Last edited:

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Seriously, people keep buying the same games over and over again. Every time someone makes a thread about a neo game coming to a new console I laugh.

I have a Vita that I pretty much exclusively play PS1 RPGs and Vanillaware games on. Having Neo Geo games on it is neat, so I can play them when I'm traveling.

The benefit of Neo Geo games on the switch would be take anywhere multiplayer, which you can't do on a Vita, console, or legit Neo Geo, so it's not completely pointless assuming you have friends.

Not that I wouldn't prefer NEW games from SNK.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I have a Vita that I pretty much exclusively play PS1 RPGs and Vanillaware games on. Having Neo Geo games on it is neat, so I can play them when I'm traveling.

The benefit of Neo Geo games on the switch would be take anywhere multiplayer, which you can't do on a Vita, console, or legit Neo Geo, so it's not completely pointless assuming you have friends.

Not that I wouldn't prefer NEW games from SNK.

Ugghh, I sometimes forget I'm posting on a old school gaming board and I'm probably older than most newer members. I personally don't care for online gaming. If I want to play a Neo Game while I'm traveling, I just take my old psp and play the romz. None of my really close friends are into Video Games so I'm fine playing against the cpu.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Ugghh, I sometimes forget I'm posting on a old school gaming board and I'm probably older than most newer members. I personally don't care for online gaming. If I want to play a Neo Game while I'm traveling, I just take my old psp and play the romz. None of my really close friends are into Video Games so I'm fine playing against the cpu.

Totally get you. Just saying at least there is a function in this particular instance. I enjoy roping my friends into Garou and Windjammers when I have a chance to, but it's very rare now, being that I'm nearing old bastard status myself, and my Neo Geo has been in storage for a tick.

Dahun72

NEST Puppet

Agreed. If they updated the art and kept all of the mechanics the same (and ported the additional characters from the home console versions) I'd be all over them but embracing 'retro' with crap like original mode that looks like you're playing on a CRT is the opposite of what I want with any re-release.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Agreed. If they updated the art and kept all of the mechanics the same (and ported the additional characters from the home console versions) I'd be all over them but embracing 'retro' with crap like original mode that looks like you're playing on a CRT is the opposite of what I want with any re-release.

I know what you mean. Releasing the same game with a few extra features doesn't interest me anymore. That fire died down for me years ago when they released Neo Games on XBL, PSN, and Wii. Bring on some fresh new neo games, maybe some sequels or like you mentioned some old games with new art like they did with SF HD Remix.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
embracing 'retro' with crap like original mode that looks like you're playing on a CRT is the opposite of what I want with any re-release.

Emulating the look of a CRT on an HD screen is completely baffling to me... I can't imagine why anyone would want to do this and I PREFER playing 15khz games on CRT given the option.