Scalebound cancelled

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
What

the

fuck

http://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-exclusive-scalebound-has-been-canceled

"After careful deliberation, Microsoft Studios has come to the decision to end production for "Scalebound." We're working hard to deliver an amazing lineup of games to our fans this year, including "Halo Wars 2," "Crackdown 3," "State of Decay 2," "Sea of Thieves" and other great experiences. For more information on our 2017 plans, please visit: https://news.xbox.co...e-year-in-2016/. "

:very_ang:
Microsoft, what the fuck are you doing??

Ren-chan

I was really looking for this game and BAM, morning news....
grrrrrr!

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
I miss the Microsoft of the earlier 360 days. It's been years now of this kind of general shit show. Platinum deserves better, and it's sad to read about the heavy toll this has taken on Kamiya and the team.

Ren-chan

I don't know what do they have in mind, I bought the system on day one and meh... I don't really mind about the power diference between One and PS4, but when it comes to games.... they better start doing something to keep their customers happy.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Kamiya could have been working on Bayonetta 2, Star Fox Zero, Nier 2. god damn, all that time & talent wasted. I hope he's going to be ok.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I think the multiplayer aspect was unnecessary. It was a waste of time / resources, and probably led to this development mess. Hoping no harm befalls PG from this.

Also, I still think MS are handling a couple of things better than Sony this generation, but yeah, unless they come up with better exclusives, not even the Scorpio will save them.

PS: tried the Neir Automata demo and it was GREAT.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
And again Microsoft let's us down on a game that could have made the XB ONE S worth owning.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Sounds like Platinum- who used to have a perfect record - are having a hard time. I doubt 100% of the blame lays with MS. Star Fox, TMNT, and now this.

I hated the main character. He seemed like they were trying to create another Dante but one that would appeal to kids with Beats headphones. But other than that, I was excited for the game. There are literally zero games for Xbone that I want now.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Sounds like Platinum- who used to have a perfect record - are having a hard time. I doubt 100% of the blame lays with MS. Star Fox, TMNT, and now this.

I hated the main character. He seemed like they were trying to create another Dante but one that would appeal to kids with Beats headphones. But other than that, I was excited for the game. There are literally zero games for Xbone that I want now.

True, this is a Platinum game, but my understanding was MS was assisting with this and so now it is over. I heard that Crackdown 3 is still a go for now.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i was really looking forward to scalebound until they announced that it was going to be a multiplayer game. i lost interest when i was told that there was no campaign mode and how it was going to be a multiplayer only game just like the first titanfall.

whether this was true or not, it's still a shame that it had to end this way. the rumour is that they done too much with the game, and the xbone just wasn't able to handle the final product, which led to programmers and staff to go into disagreements.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
i was really looking forward to scalebound until they announced that it was going to be a multiplayer game. i lost interest when i was told that there was no campaign mode and how it was going to be a multiplayer only game just like the first titanfall.

whether this was true or not, it's still a shame that it had to end this way. the rumour is that they done too much with the game, and the xbone just wasn't able to handle the final product, which led to programmers and staff to go into disagreements.

Huh, I hadn't heard that, but I wasn't paying too much attention. I would have dropped it anyway if it ended up a multiplayer-only game, anyway. So no big loss if true. :lolz: