Greetings..

TotalMoop

New Challenger
I'm Andi, 39 from West Yorkshire, UK. I have a reasonable collection of machines and consoles, most of which I've had since new. Finally got myself an AES which has been on the list for many years. The time was right and finally made the purchase.
I've been a NG fan for many years.. as a kid, a friend had a AES and I was hooked.
Other consoles I like which I own are the Dreamcast and Pc-Engine Duo-R and GT. These get regular use along with the Amiga 1200 I've had since new.
Most of my stuff is upgraded or modded in some way to improve it, all done myself. I'm not afraid of a soldering iron and getting stuck in.
I hope i dont piss anyone off asking questions but I do my research as best I can before asking n00b questions.
Thanks for reading and I'm sure I'll get grilled soon enough..

Cheers

Andi

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Hi Andy.

I hope i dont piss anyone off asking questions but I do my research as best I can before asking n00b questions.
you're off to a good start ;)

What I don't get about your post yet: What's the difference between "machines" and "consoles" for you?

TotalMoop

New Challenger
I'd say a console has no keyboard by default. So Amiga, Atari ST, speccy and C64 are machines.

xsq

I see... and you edited your post to reflect it. Welcome to the boards.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Welcome to the site from a Leeds lad. Here is evidence that consoles are, in fact, machines:

meanmag.jpg

;)

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Welcome too from another member with yorkshire ties.

Good intro, it's a relief to find someone capable of covering all of my Moop needs.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
What I don't get about your post yet: What's the difference between "machines" and "consoles" for you?

Germans have a better understanding of the English language than the Brits.

Oh, welcome bro!

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Welcome geezer...

Post your wife before theMot comes in here and threatens to ban you.

Have fun and make sure to read the rules.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Welcome Andi. Started with the AES, huh? So did I. What games have you picked up so far that you like.

TotalMoop

New Challenger
Welcome Andi. Started with the AES, huh? So did I. What games have you picked up so far that you like.

Cheers... Yea, picked up a pretty nice AES. It came with Samurai Spirits which I actually liked back when my mate had one. I've pre-ordered the NeoSD to get me started with but I will be looking out for the Metal Slugs, Eight Man, and quite a few others. It's great being able to have the NeoSD so I can play them but I still want to own them. Cant beat the real thing.

xsq

Cant beat the real thing.
from a gamer standpoint you won't be able to tell NeoSD and legit carts apart once you start the games up - because the code will be the same.

TotalMoop

New Challenger
I know but still.. I want to own a few genuine carts for the games I like the most. Trust me to like the pricey ones the most :lolz:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Cheers... Yea, picked up a pretty nice AES. It came with Samurai Spirits which I actually liked back when my mate had one. I've pre-ordered the NeoSD to get me started with but I will be looking out for the Metal Slugs, Eight Man, and quite a few others. It's great being able to have the NeoSD so I can play them but I still want to own them. Cant beat the real thing.

what is real.jpg

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I know but still.. I want to own a few genuine carts for the games I like the most. Trust me to like the pricey ones the most :lolz:

I'm with you TotalMoop. I bought the aes carts of my favorite games to play in the early 2000's when many were starting to move to mvs carts and the prices of aes were not nearly as crazy as they are now. It's been interesting to lurk this site from then to now and see neo fans move from denouncing roms to now embracing it in a different form factor. To each their own and each format has fans and detractors here. The best part about this community is that there is a place for fans of all formats...except neo geo x...I have yet to see much love for those fans here :keke:

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I would imagine that for something to be a machine it must have moving parts. If so, would a PS2 be a machine because it has a fan and CD tray mechanism?

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
Hi Andi, thought i'd drop you a note to say Hi here too. I'm also in your neck of the woods.

Cheers,
Frazer

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
my name is sylvie chang and you have entered the dragon

TotalMoop

New Challenger
Hi Andi, thought i'd drop you a note to say Hi here too. I'm also in your neck of the woods.

Cheers,
Frazer

Nice.. a fellow This Side Of the Pennines'er :)
Good chatting earlier too..

Catch you again soon

xsq

fred2.gif

Pennines'er