Pseudo Saturn

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
So...I have this fantastic JPN Saturn...I've been trying to load Atlus onto the 4-1 and am having a hell of a time. Either I'm not flashing correctly, not swapping correctly, have the wrong thing burned...

I used to have a chipped US Sat but foolishly sold it off.

Anyone do this and have any pointers or can I send my 4-1 to you?

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I did mine not all that long ago and I found the hardest part was the swap trick on my JP Saturn. I managed to electrocute myself as the PSU was attached to the lid on mine.

I used Pseudo Saturn Kai for the burned CD.

Once, I was able to get mine swapped, everything else was a piece of cake in terms of loading the PSK CD image onto the 4-1 and then using it thereafter with CDs.

Where are you running into problems in the process?

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
I have been wanting to try the pseudo Saturn for a while now. I was having trouble finding an image for the flasher utility. Thanks to gusmoney for the link to the Pseudo Saturn Kai I was able to download and burn a disc. I managed to get the swap trick right the first time on my system (US model 2) and the whole process was less than 5 minutes. I burned a copy of Batsugun to test it out and it works great. Very exciting stuff.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Dogg, if you can't get it done you can send it to me and I'll flash it for you, I have a CDR chipped system that makes it easy. One thing to keep in mind though is that some PAR's can't be reflashed. I have two PAR's, the one I bought back in 98 was flashable, the one I bought recently was not.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Best of luck man, I did mine this summer with an Action Replay I got from Amazon. Works awesome. If there's something I can do to help let me know.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Thanks for the help, I think it's my dvd drive causing the issue. It's only burning a quarter of an inch reguardless of the file size.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I got a 4 in 1 off Amazon about a year ago I was able to flash okay. I also have a chipped Saturn, so if all the other offers for help fall through feel free to hit me up Dogg.