Neo Geo Anthology Kickstarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Looks interesting. Is anyone behind it that is a well known expert on the subject? I'd be happy to back it knowing it was the right team. I only say that because anyone could get whatever info is already out there on the net and compile it into a book. The interviews look new, which should be worth a read.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Looks interesting. Is anyone behind it that is a well known expert on the subject? I'd be happy to back it knowing it was the right team. I only say that because anyone could get whatever info is already out there on the net and compile it into a book. The interviews look new, which should be worth a read.

I agree with you about the source, but the new interview content alone makes this worth a contribution from me imho.

EDIT: For those on the fence, here's a quick link to a review of their "Nintendo 64 Anthology" book:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/10/book_review_nintendo_64_anthology

Last edited:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Neo Geo Anthology Book on Kickstarter.

This caught my eye in the NGFL Facebook group this morning.

Never heard of the author or publisher, but based off of the pictures and the video they have, it actually looks really comprehensive and well done.

NEO·GEO ANTHOLOGY

To celebrate this console that a whole generation of gamers will forever hold dear, Franck Latour and Geeks-Line are proud to present the Neo?ï½·Geo Anthology, a unique work of reference. Over its 400-plus pages, the author retraces SNK's incredible history through their first arcade machines; breaking down the brand's triumphs and failures, the console's first baby steps, and every single game ever released in any country, as well as all the collectibles sought after today. On top of all that, Franck scrupulously dissects the machine itself to find out what made it tick, and interviews those involved with the franchise about its glorious past, as frankly as possible.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...tory-and-complete-games-librar?token=ca47779c

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I'm sure the book will cost at minimum $100

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I went ahead and backed it, at least it's a hardcover.

Same here. It's something I'd buy anyway, so why not back it now. It looks like there is zero risk, as they've already completed the French version, so just need to translate and print.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Early bird with shipping to the US is $70 ($50 for the book, $20 for shipping).

I went ahead and threw my hat in for it. Apparently this book is already completed and available in French. This kickstarter is for the English edition.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I backed their N64 anthology so I got an email about this one. The N64 book is a really nice high quality package so I'm sure this one will be too. I'm just wondering if this will be funded. The N64 is a more widely popular system while the Neo is a bit more niche in comparison.

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
Back with caution. I expect SNK to send a C&D to the producers of this - no licensing of SNK assets.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I backed their N64 anthology so I got an email about this one. The N64 book is a really nice high quality package so I'm sure this one will be too. I'm just wondering if this will be funded. The N64 is a more widely popular system while the Neo is a bit more niche in comparison.

It's certainly more niche, but I think Neo Geo fans are more willing to spend money on a quality product/are collectards who spend too much money, depending on your opinion :lolz: Either way, I don't think it will have any trouble reaching that target.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
There are already not positive comments on the french forums for the already available French version, about basically being a patchwork of low-res internet pictures and not a lot of original content...som eusers are pretty pissed off because they took images from their sites without asking.

I've seen a youtube ideo of the French version and frankly it seems they are quite right.

The interviews (to former SNK employees) seems to be the only real plus, but as Fraz mentioned, it is likely SNK will send a C&D, given there is no endorsement whatsoever... I worked with them in 2009, they are pretty rigid when it comes to this shit.

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
Yeah I can't imagine this lasts too long. I really dig the concept of it though.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I wouldn't back it unless I knew it was a team of established members from the community who know their stuff.

StalkS

New Challenger
Backed it anyway! I think I've got a problem I've pretty much backed every retro computer/console book that has shown up on Kick-starter. At least I might finally have enough books to put on a shelf!

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
thanks for the infos massimiliano & overall: looks good to me, maybe they fix a few things for the english version...backed...

Sarumaru

Kabuki Klasher
Looks interesting. Let's hope the book has a decent editor or at least a second pair of eyes to look it over, the KS campaign suffers from spelling and grammatical errors....

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Looks quite interesting. From the linked video it seems there's a lot of information there and it's not only a compilation of pictures in a nice looking packaging (as many of these books are). Its possible we already know most of this stuff by heart, but it's pretty cool to have it all together in a book. I'll probably pledge for one of the early bird ones, since it's reasonably priced. Hopefully it doesn't get shut down and the final product delivers the promised quality (both in materials and text).

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Yay! Book time!This is awesome!
I'm glad they choose Neogeo!

Black_Tiger

Kuroko's Training Dummy
It looks like it could be nice, but 50 GBP to ship a 45 GBP book to Canada is not cool.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I don't back kickstarters ever, but that said, it comes to market I think I'd like to get the standard edition of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.