Dragon Quest 8 Journey of the Cursed King for 3DS

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Anybody excited? Personally, I think it's too premature to remake this (The PS2 version came out in 2005), both overall and on the heels of 7. I'm still looking forward to it though and taking a vacation day to sit home and play it. I've pre-loaded the digital version and have it pre-ordered on gamestop (for the gamestop exclusive pouch).

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
they added 2 extra dungeons on VIII on 3ds and more alchemy. I think the Dragovian trials is also extended.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I will pick it up at some point, still need to get 7.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I sold my disc versions of DQVII and VIII so I could get the 3DS versions of these. I haven't gotten VII yet, so we'll see how it goes.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Anybody excited? Personally, I think it's too premature to remake this (The PS2 version came out in 2005), both overall and on the heels of 7. I'm still looking forward to it though and taking a vacation day to sit home and play it. I've pre-loaded the digital version and have it pre-ordered on gamestop (for the gamestop exclusive pouch).

Since when is 11-12 years too soon to make a rerelease?

This one really makes me want a 3DS, such a good game.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Since when is 11-12 years too soon to make a rerelease?

This one really makes me want a 3DS, such a good game.

You should, the 3DS has a very strong line up for a variety of tastes.

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
One of the games that defined the PS2 era!
Easily one of the best 6th gen rpgs!

My body is ready!

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I'm a sucker for dragon quest. I still have my PS2 version but I will be getting. Dragon Quest main scenario games have never done me wrong.

I hear they are censoring it a bit though, but nothing major, and it doesn't look quite as good as the PS2 version, but it is very close. To have it handheld though is great.

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
I'm excited, that's for sure! Never even played it on other platforms before so I'm hoping it will be a fresh, amazing experience.

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
I've just pre-ordered this bad boy now I'm even more excited.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
yeah, preordered it the other day on Amazon to save a few $$. Just now realized about the 3DS pouch if you pre-order from Gamestop. Hate GS but wouldn't mind a DQ pouch for my 3DS when I toss it into my laptop bag. hmmm...

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Started playing it after I got home from work, and I'm impressed. It's so cool just to have it on the go. I can't say I miss the 3D, but the voice acting is intact, which surprises me.

Edit: After playing it for awhile, I have to admit the camera is troublesome, but if you have a NEW XL, you can use the other thumbstick - it makes camera management more bareable.

Last edited: