Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Freezing Atomiswave

  1. #1
    AH
    A
    COLUMBIAN!
    aha2940's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Colombia

    Posts
    2,410

    Freezing Atomiswave

    Hi

    I have an issue playing Dirty Pigsking Football on my Atomiswave. It will freeze after some seconds (couple minutes at most). Here's a video of it:



    I already tried setting the voltage up to 5.15V, and while it lasts a bit longer, it still freezes. I am afraid of setting the voltage even higher, it might damage something. I know the board works fine, I have tried it with knights of valour and a borrowed boot Metal Slug 6, both played flawlessly for more than an hour.

    Thanks for any ideas.

  2. #2
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey

    Posts
    5,413
    Yea, I wouldn't turn up the voltage any more especially since you said the other carts work fine. Maybe the cart is poop.

  3. #3
    AH
    A
    COLUMBIAN!
    aha2940's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Colombia

    Posts
    2,410
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    Yea, I wouldn't turn up the voltage any more especially since you said the other carts work fine. Maybe the cart is poop.
    Really hope not, AW carts are not easily fixable like MVS carts. Any other idea or something I can try to diagnose better?

    Thanks!!

  4. #4
    Likes Football.
    Lives in teh USA.
    Go Figure.
    JoeAwesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    1,434
    I'd try another board, if possible. That, and a general clean up for cart connections. You could also de-case the cart and plug it in to see if it's a loose connection issue.
    Take a bite out of crime.

  5. #5
    Cheng's Errand Boy

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    DFW

    Posts
    124
    Yep...look for cold solder joints on the cart, and if you plug it in caseless, feel the chips to see if one is overheating....cleaning the contact pins should be done carefully, as they are more delicate and harder to reach than the mvs card edges, obviously.

    Good luck

  6. #6
    AH
    A
    COLUMBIAN!
    aha2940's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Colombia

    Posts
    2,410
    Holy necrobump Batman!

    So this issue is solved. Turns out the AW board I was using has some problem, because I just got a second AW board from a member here (thanks man!) and Dirty PigSkin game works perfectly on it. On a side note, what a funny game this is! I have never watched a football game in my whole life, and I do not know the rules of it, but I managed to finish a game 14-20 against the CPU, LOL.

    So, there's that guys, thanks for your help!

  7. #7
    Likes Football.
    Lives in teh USA.
    Go Figure.
    JoeAwesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by aha2940 View Post
    Holy necrobump Batman!

    So this issue is solved. Turns out the AW board I was using has some problem, because I just got a second AW board from a member here (thanks man!) and Dirty PigSkin game works perfectly on it. On a side note, what a funny game this is! I have never watched a football game in my whole life, and I do not know the rules of it, but I managed to finish a game 14-20 against the CPU, LOL.

    So, there's that guys, thanks for your help!
    Good to hear it was a simple solution.
    Take a bite out of crime.

  8. #8
    I've served my time in the Dark Army. Have you? loegan43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Corona, CA

    Posts
    2,499
    Also glad to hear it.

  9. #9
    Dogg-Father
    Neodogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH

    Posts
    2,574
    Sometimes simple solutions are overlooked, glad it worked out.
    _ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

  10. #10
    Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Boston

    Posts
    5,565
    That is the best repair technique: Throw it in the gutter, go buy another.

    Actually I'm not sure how worthwhile it would be to even attempt a repair of an Atomiswave, it's pretty much a bunch of Sega chips, an SH4 and NEC memory.
    >

  11. #11
    AH
    A
    COLUMBIAN!
    aha2940's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Colombia

    Posts
    2,410
    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    That is the best repair technique: Throw it in the gutter, go buy another.

    Actually I'm not sure how worthwhile it would be to even attempt a repair of an Atomiswave, it's pretty much a bunch of Sega chips, an SH4 and NEC memory.
    Yep, it's really hard to fix these things, and diagnosing the issue seems even harder. That, coupled with the fact that MS6 and knights of valour work fine, makes me wonder what it could be the problem. Maybe overheating, who knows. I guess I'll keep both boards, one dedicated for DPF and the other for MS6/KoV.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •