Things that slither and flutter.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
334791_29Dec16_hand.jpg

The snake woman is a "Naga" from the G-Amusements/American Sammy 1991/1992 NES port of New World Computing's 1986 Apple II RPG Might & Magic Book One: Secret of the Inner Sanctum.

334791_03Jan17_MaM_tSotIS_naga_rotation.gif

334791_29Dec16_MaM_tSotIS_naga_sprite.gif

And the two-headed abomination is a "Siamese Vulture Bat" monster from the 1992 Sega Game Gear video game Chakan: The Forever Man.

334791_04Jan17_CHK_vulture_bat_rotation.gif

334791_29Dec16_CHK_siamese_vulture_bat_sprite.gif

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Ugh... You just reminded me Chakan got a GG port...

Nice work nonetheless.

@M

20 Year Member
I think my Siamese Vulture Bat came out kind of blah, but thank you.

The Game Gear game is shorter/simpler than the Genesis version, but I think it's decent. I've beaten the Game Gear port on all three difficulty settings, but I've never managed to beat the Genesis game without using a Game Genie--that fucker is hard, and Chakan being immortal doesn't help much! Speaking of which, the Vulture Bats are red in the Genny version, so here's a digital mock-up of that:

CHK_gamegear_vulture_bat_zpszlos6u0s.png

CHK_genesis_vulture_bats_zpskluxohna.png

firebird.jpg

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I love your work, as always. Beautiful job on the Naga.

CrystalCore

Crazed MVS Addict
I think my Siamese Vulture Bat came out kind of blah, but thank you.

The Game Gear game is shorter/simpler than the Genesis version, but I think it's decent. I've beaten the Game Gear port on all three difficulty settings, but I've never managed to beat the Genesis game without using a Game Genie--that fucker is hard, and Chakan being immortal doesn't help much! Speaking of which, the Vulture Bats are red in the Genny version, so here's a digital mock-up of that:

View attachment 41765

View attachment 41766

That guy looks like a dead ringer for Vampire Hunter D, expect D only had 1 sword, instead of 2.

@M

20 Year Member
Chakan and Vampire D have similar tastes in hats, but D is a pretty boy while Death made Chakan kind of fugly after he defeated him in battle:

CHK_visage_zpsf2zhdo1e.jpg

CrystalCore

Crazed MVS Addict
Chakan and Vampire D have similar tastes in hats, but D is a pretty boy while Death made Chakan kind of fugly after he defeated him in battle:

View attachment 43139

He also kinda looks like Caleb from 3D Realms/Monolith Productions "Blood" FPS game from the 1990s, with the obvious difference being Caleb wielding guns, instead of two swords.

@M

20 Year Member
He does indeed look like Caleb from Blood, albeit much paler/wrinkled, but Chakan existed first, so Monolith would have had to have copied Robert Kraus' creation.