Basic Fighting Game Engine - Neo Geo MVS / AES Homebrew

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Just found this:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
That took some effort, they finally made a more generic character than karate man from mugen

latest

-SD-

Camel Slug
Yeah, Hypernoid looks awesome, can't wait to have a go on that one.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
That Fighter tech demo looks really good. As challenging as I'm sure all the coding is I'm guessing that when it comes time write the A.I. that is were the magic will really happen.

Hypernoid is looking really good! It's hard to take a really old school video game formula like that and make it feel fresh. Those bosses looks awesome!

NeoHomeBrew

Overtop Pathfinder
Thx for following my homebrewed stuff and for your comments :)

Just want to add that this demo is more a proof of concept than an serious attempt to develop a complete fighting game from the scratch.
It would take an enormous amount of time and persistence to draw and program all the needed parts to finish a game of this scale,
particularly if everything is done by yourself. But who knows, I am a big fan of "old-school" fighting games and it would a dream come true for
me to make it happen one day...

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
This is the first I've seen of Hypernoid, and it looks fantastic. I enjoyed going through the progress updates in the thread xsq linked to. Good luck with your continued development, NHB.