NEO GEO MVS BLOWN UP

Hi I finally got my neo geo MVS up and running. I was playing metal slug and the board shut down. the voltage display shorted on the supergun and it shut down.I removed the shorted voltage display and now the neo geo shows a pic like this
KG9s9xB.jpg
. I removed the bios and it shows the same thing. So is it most likely just the bios or something more serious?

http://i.imgur.com/KG9s9xB.jpg

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Which board model you have? for sure it's not an MV1C or MV1B because do not have socketed BIOS, but knowing it might help the troubleshooting process.

It is a mv-1A.

I guess I need to know if this looks like a neo geo with no bios installed. I am hoping the supergun took out the bios chip and nothing else.
I am unsure if removing the coin battery would possible help?

I only get the pic I posted with and without the bios chip installed.

The traces are fine.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I'd order a unibios... it's a good investment no matter if it fixes your issue or not...

removing the battery shouldn't change anything.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I only get the pic I posted with and without the bios chip installed.

Does the image change when you turn it on? like some squares change colors or something? or is it a static image all the time? if static, is it always the same exact picture? (take a photo to compare).

Regards.

It does change here is a short vid

[video]http://sendvid.com/uxhp0cjm[/video]

Does the image change when you turn it on? like some squares change colors or something? or is it a static image all the time? if static, is it always the same exact picture? (take a photo to compare).

Regards.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Your board seems to be stuck in watchdog, that's why it keeps clicking (search 'MVS click of death' or 'MVS watchdog'). Could be the bios, the WRAM, traces or other components. Get the Unibios in there first and see if that solves your problem and then work from there.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I had a 2 slot with a corrupt BIOS once, gave me exactly this screen.

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
If you need another bios, let me know. I've got a ton of them. I'll send you a few if you cover shipping.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
If and when you remove the bios, your board should keep resetting/clicking.That looks like more than a bios..check the chips to see if you didn't fry one of them.
BB