Thread: Anyone making Neo-Geo MVS cabinet vinyl decals?

Bewbs! Z'OMG
    Teh BEWBS!

Anyone making Neo-Geo MVS cabinet vinyl decals?

I'm working on getting my 6-slot cabinet restored, and have everything lined up except for the side art, 1P/2P arrows, and the headphone/memory card sticker.

Doing Google searches, searches here, and other gaming forums, it doesn't look like anyone is producing these currently. Everything I found points to folks who were, but are no longer.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

Someone on KLOV has been producing these for the past year or so, may be worth reaching out:
    http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=362795

I think he was on here at one point but didn't get much interest:
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...-Side-Art-More

Bewbs! Z'OMG
    Teh BEWBS!

Yup, the NG.com thread you linked to caught my eye, however he hasn't been on the forums here for a while, and the SuperSprint account has a temporary ban on KLOV.

Judging by the KLOV thread you linked, it looks like he goes by a different name there.

Thanks much!

If anyone else knows other resources, feel free to chime in.

Bashful Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by Fygee View Post
    Yup, the NG.com thread you linked to caught my eye, however he hasn't been on the forums here for a while, and the SuperSprint account has a temporary ban on KLOV.

Judging by the KLOV thread you linked, it looks like he goes by a different name there.

Thanks much!

If anyone else knows other resources, feel free to chime in.
    I used to sell Neo Geo cabinet vinyl and paint masks. I definitely have some stuff leftover and can check which cabinets they're compatible with, if you're still looking.
    Neo Geo MVS-2-13

Playa' From
    Around The Way.

I'm looking for the "MVS" and "NEO GEO" for a 1 slot cab.

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Quote Originally Posted by emdkay View Post
    I used to sell Neo Geo cabinet vinyl and paint masks. I definitely have some stuff leftover and can check which cabinets they're compatible with, if you're still looking.
    Hey, I remember your website/webstore! Didn't you also sell Mini Marquees?
    What happened?

Bashful Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by xsq View Post
    Hey, I remember your website/webstore! Didn't you also sell Mini Marquees?
    What happened?
    Hey Yea, and I have a bunch of mini marquees left over. Original stuff, too. I became a father and couldn't keep up with orders so had to shut down. The kids are getting older so I plan to reopen eventually.
    Neo Geo MVS-2-13

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

I became a father and couldn't keep up with orders so had to shut down. The kids are getting older so I plan to reopen eventually.
    Congratulations and all the best to you!

Rugal's Thug

Hey Yea, and I have a bunch of mini marquees left over. Original stuff, too. I became a father and couldn't keep up with orders so had to shut down. The kids are getting older so I plan to reopen eventually.
    I recognize the name too. I had a custom marquee printed for my emulation cabinet a long time ago.

Bewbs! Z'OMG
    Teh BEWBS!

I am! Currently I'm looking for a set for a 4-slot MVS and potentially a 6-slot MVS. My 6-slot one is interesting in that the MVS logo was smaller than what you normally see. Here's an image for reference.

14235201.jpg

Bewbs! Z'OMG
    Teh BEWBS!

Bumping this back from the depths of 11 months ago. Life got in the way, but I'm eager to get this done now.

Failing anyone selling ready-to-go vinyl decals, I'd be keen to get digital templates and try to get them printed myself. Big bonus points if it's the "small SNK logo" variation since those look to have been the first run design, and was what my 6-slot originally had.

Are you just needing the white parts like the lettering and logos? If so I can definitely make those.

Bewbs! Z'OMG
    Teh BEWBS!

Looking to get full side and front decals, as they were originally done. I'd prefer to do that instead of painting it and then affixing seperate decals for the lettering and logos.

Additionally, the six slot I own had a smaller SNK logo on the sides, along with smaller 1 Player/2 Player lettering above the coin box as seen in the flyer above. It looks to be rare variant and only from the first release, or perhaps even a pre-release version of the machine. I've not seen them anywhere else and am keen to know more about it.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

I'd be interested in the same thing for my 4 slot. Hope you find a good solution/seller!

Quote Originally Posted by Fygee View Post
    Looking to get full side and front decals, as they were originally done. I'd prefer to do that instead of painting it and then affixing seperate decals for the lettering and logos.

Additionally, the six slot I own had a smaller SNK logo on the sides, along with smaller 1 Player/2 Player lettering above the coin box as seen in the flyer above. It looks to be rare variant and only from the first release, or perhaps even a pre-release version of the machine. I've not seen them anywhere else and am keen to know more about it.
    Ah, okay. Unfortunately my vinyl machine can't do anything large enough for an entire side or front. I'd just be able to make the lettering / logos to put over the top of the red.

Bewbs! Z'OMG
    Teh BEWBS!

Appreciate the offer Dr. Meat.

I found this on KLOV. Full laminate side and front art. Pricey, but it looks great and should hold up well. Still, for the 6-slot, I'd really like to get it with smaller logo and 1P/2P coinbox letter as it originally came with.

https://www.szabosarcades.com/collec...o-geo-side-art

Galford's Armourer

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Meat View Post
    Ah, okay. Unfortunately my vinyl machine can't do anything large enough for an entire side or front. I'd just be able to make the lettering / logos to put over the top of the red.
    Have you done the decals for the memory card slot before? I'm planning on getting my 4 slot cab's control panel repainted eventually and I'd need a new decal for the memory card/headphone slot.

Quote Originally Posted by coreykun667 View Post
    Have you done the decals for the memory card slot before? I'm planning on getting my 4 slot cab's control panel repainted eventually and I'd need a new decal for the memory card/headphone slot.
    I've never done one, but I'm sure I could put one together. I don't have an MVS cab, so I'd need the dimensions of it to get it sized right, but the design is simple enough.

Galford's Armourer

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Meat View Post
    I've never done one, but I'm sure I could put one together. I don't have an MVS cab, so I'd need the dimensions of it to get it sized right, but the design is simple enough.
    About 7.5 x 2 inches. 7.472 x 2 to be exact from what I found.

Thread Information