Jamma harness repair or replacement?

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Today while I was plugging in my 4 slot, the two ground pins for buttons/controls on the end snapped off. I can't put them back in, it seems like contact points may be worn out. Is there any kind of workaround or am I going to have to get a new jamma harness/ edge connector? Pic for reference.

Last edited:

Gunbu

I'd say just splice in the two broken ground wires into the two good ones next to them. All four black wires (two upper and two lower black wires) are ground.
If you're capable of soldering, replacing the edge connector isn't a bad idea, and easier than replacing the whole harness. I helped a a friend solder on a new jamma edge connector in his candy cab, took about an hour.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You can remove those two pins and replace them with ones on the Jamma connector that isn't being used.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I'd say just splice in the two broken ground wires into the two good ones next to them. All four black wires (two upper and two lower black wires) are ground.
If you're capable of soldering, replacing the edge connector isn't a bad idea, and easier than replacing the whole harness. I helped a a friend solder on a new jamma edge connector in his candy cab, took about an hour.

You can remove those two pins and replace them with ones on the Jamma connector that isn't being used.

Thanks guys- I am actually going to replace the edge connector. More of the wires are coming off and I think some of the issues in my cab are related to it. So far its the grounds but I have a new edge connector that I am going to attempt to put on this weekend.