PS4 Pro - TV recommendations?!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
If there is already a thread for this (I couldn't find it) then please let me know.

I am about to buy a PS4 Pro and a new TV to go along with it. Anyone have any recommendations? Horror stories? Links to sites with exhaustive info on the subject?

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
If there is already a thread for this (I couldn't find it) then please let me know.

I am about to buy a PS4 Pro and a new TV to go along with it. Anyone have any recommendations? Horror stories? Links to sites with exhaustive info on the subject?

Make sure your new TV is 4K HDR to get the best picture.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Make sure your new TV is 4K HDR to get the best picture.

that much is a given hahah - Samsung KS8000 seems to be an internet fave so far. Shockingly, Sony XBR's have more lag?! You'd think they'd make sure their TV's played the nicest....

TonK

Least Valuable Player

Sony XBR 65" 850D is flawless to me.

I'll never buy a Samsung TV again.

New egg had it on sale recently too.

4K is gorgeous on it.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member

4K is gorgeous on it.

curious how it handles HDR gaming on the PS4 Pro?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
XBR Bravia Sony TVs are the best, I've always owned and played Sony TVs, not a fanboy, just a fan of good results. I play fighting games online frequently, no problems on my end, very happy with the XBR series, I wouldn't go with anything else,

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
I'm in the exact same boat at the moment and regarding input lag I assume you've already seen this?

http://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/inputs/input-lag

I'm going to go with either the Samsung KS8500 or the LG OLED B6 if the new firmware with the input lag fix turns out good. If input lag is the only thing you worry about the KS8500 is a safe bet.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I'm in the exact same boat at the moment and regarding input lag I assume you've already seen this?

http://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/inputs/input-lag

I'm going to go with either the Samsung KS8500 or the LG OLED B6 if the new firmware with the input lag fix turns out good. If input lag is the only thing you worry about the KS8500 is a safe bet.

yeah, leanig towards a KS800 at the moment...don't want that curve hahah

But all this talk of XBR is making me pause

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
I strongly recommend you a Sony tv!My next purchase will be a Sony OLED!

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
LG has released a new firmware for the OLEDB6. It lowers the input lag even more to really respectable levels!

1080p @ 60Hz : 27.6 ms
1080p With Interpolation : 53.3 ms
1080p @ 60Hz Outside Game Mode : 54.3 ms
1080p @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 : 62.9 ms
4k @ 60Hz : 27.8 ms
4k @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 : 70.9 ms
4k @ 60Hz + HDR : 28.5 ms

RedVibes

n00b
Unless you want the social aspect of playing on a TV, I'd suggest that you get a gaming monitor instead. The ASUS VG248QE has <5ms of input lag, and you can get an add-on G-Sync board if you ever want to PC game. I hear that the LG 24GM77 has even less lag, as well as better colors, but lacks G-Sync.

inputlag_ossc.jpg

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I got Sony X75D recently. The picture is great, very low input lag with 4K / HDR enabled and fairly priced (I even got it during a sale for a great price).

The downside is that it doesn't handle dark scenes well, and the sound is shit. Had to buy a sound bar later, which was also worth it. The sound quality on those are top notch and they are far more convenient that surround systems (for the record, you can connect some of these with wireless speakers if you opt for real surround later on)

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
I just got the LG OLED55B6V and have to admit, a TV has given me a hard on like this. If you have the cash and are looking for a new TV, at least consider an OLED. The input lag is great with the new firmware so no worries to be had there.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I just got the LG OLED55B6V and have to admit, a TV has given me a hard on like this. If you have the cash and are looking for a new TV, at least consider an OLED. The input lag is great with the new firmware so no worries to be had there.

I opted to against OLED in the interest of size. The 65" OLEDs are just too spendy at the moment. I had to have a 65" :) Great to hear about the FW updates though - I knew the OLEDs had the worst lag just a short time ago.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I opted to against OLED in the interest of size. The 65" OLEDs are just too spendy at the moment. I had to have a 65" :) Great to hear about the FW updates though - I knew the OLEDs had the worst lag just a short time ago.

What did you end up with?

Rocko

Galford's Armourer

If you're not in a hurry, it is probably going to come down even more in price when the new models are released.

betterdavid

Mr. Big's Thug
+1 KS8000 with one major caveat: Currently, game mode doesn't save your settings. Therefore, every time you want to game in HDR, you need to manually raise your backlight to 20 (and lower it back down when you are done). Same goes for the Smart LED setting. I am pretty confident that they will fix this with a firmware update. There's a very good thread dedicated to just this model on neogaf.

We have a 65" version and love it to death.

Last edited:

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Old bump but kinda relivant to me. I love the picture on my x930c. The D was a better tv but I got this for only $1500 so I thought what a steal. I tend to think Sony has a stronger line up of tvs in terms of picture quality but, there is higher input lag in HDR mode. Plus I find that it has issues hand shacking with HDR for UHD and the tv will sometimes turn on and off to go into HDR mode with those uhd disk. On a pro however for my short use of my friends on my tv Looked good and ran well.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener

I just bought one of these TVs as well and it's outstanding. Picture quality is noticeably better than my friend's Samsung KS8000 LED. It handles all of the scaling settings on the OSSC upscaler too, whereas I couldn't get the Samsung to display anything from the OSSC at all.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I ended up getting a Samsung UN43KU6300 43" for my PS4 Pro, XB1-S and PC. I am very happy with it and the image looks spectacular!

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member

4K is gorgeous on it.

Seconded, I have the 65" version and paired with the PRO its breathtaking.