Poll: PS4 shmups...Caladrius Blaze or Astebreed

Which PS4 shmup is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
don't know much about caladrius blaze, but astebreed is a game i'm looking forward to getting. even by looking at video footage of both games i could tell astebreed is more of my kind of shooter.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Anyone play the PS4 Darius yet?

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
Anyone play the PS4 Darius yet?

I was going to download it when it was on sale, but I didn't have the money. When I got the money, the sale had ended 2 days prior. I don't want to spend $60 on it so I'll have to wait for it to go on sale again. That's why I am trying to decide between Astebreed and Caladrius Blaze.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I've been thinking about picking up a PS4 recently, but honestly don't care much for the next gen stuff very much. After seeing the Battle Garegga port and a few other shooters, I'm starting to think seriously about it. PS4 owners - is it worth it?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Is it worth it purely for the shooters? No. If you're getting a ps4 anyway, there are some solid titles. In addition to those listed, I'm a big fan of Jamestown, and they're are also some older arcade games like Gradius 1 and 2 and Galaga that I play a lot.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Caladrius. More stages, ships, routes, modes...More variety overall. It took me a bit to click on the 360 but end up really enjoying it...the ps4 version includes all the characters dlc... Its not a hard shooter by any means buts its fun.
I like Astebreed as well (prefer the theme too), looks much better than Caladrius and offers something a bit different within the shooting genre. Its a more spectacular game...just got bored quick...
On the long term i would choose Caladrius, plays great and theres more to do and conquer.

Last edited:

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Is it worth it purely for the shooters? No. If you're getting a ps4 anyway, there are some solid titles. In addition to those listed, I'm a big fan of Jamestown, and they're are also some older arcade games like Gradius 1 and 2 and Galaga that I play a lot.

That was the answer I was looking for. Mostly interested in the shmups, so sounds like I'll take a pass on the PS4 for now.