SNK is working in new (non-KOF) titles

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
MOTW 2 would certainly energize the SNK fanbase.

Question is, with KOF 14 still fresh, would it get any attention from gamers outside of the hardcore SNK rank and file?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Honestly, no KOF XIV isn't going to get a lot of exposure outside of the normal SNK fanbase because it isn't as flashy as KOF XIII was.

I'm not knocking the game as being bad, but making it easier to string moves into supers takes away the awe that XIII had in getting people who watch a stream to try it out. It looks kinda bland on stream really killing the opportunity.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Honestly, no KOF XIV isn't going to get a lot of exposure outside of the normal SNK fanbase because it isn't as flashy as KOF XIII was.

I'm not knocking the game as being bad, but making it easier to string moves into supers takes away the awe that XIII had in getting people who watch a stream to try it out. It looks kinda bland on stream really killing the opportunity.

I think the easy super cancels and fast meter build up are ok. What's worrying me is the light kicks cancelling into max mode strings, and how characters that lack these strings can be considerably weaker than the rest.

Gameplay wise, I think 14 is overall better than 13. There are tons of new setups and reset options in the game.

There are some great matches on youtube, but wait for international events for them to become more common. More variety in the characters lineup and strategies.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Honestly I hope you're right and when the tourney season goes into full effect well see some interesting stuff.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Looks very much geared towards Japan, with another crazy high school story and setting.

Still, a new IP that gives them mobile profits is always a good idea.

geise

Mickey's Coach
It will be a new Ikari Warriors game and be over the shoulder Gears of War gameplay.

Edit: Well just saw the new project link...:(

Last edited:

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
I wish SNK would look at what Sega is doing with Sonic Mania and see that there just might still be a fanbase for 2d sprites. Either way what ever SNK does, at least on consoles, I'm sure it will be great.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
KOF All Star for mobile being shown @4:15:

https://twitter.com/Evil_Yagami/status/821976162205372416

3D models seem closer to KOF13 to me, but I'm not digging the pretty faces. Other than that, it's on mobile, so I have no interest in this shit.

I won't deny it, from the little I can see I really dig the design on the characters. Ralph for instance looks how he should in my mind. though I don't think I'll ever get to play this ofcourse

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
A kof beat em up?!! Yes!!! Damn I hope they put it on consoles too.

are you sure? it could turn out to be some turn based game, if it's for korean audience I would think this is what it is.
in any case I have a particular aversion to crossovers like that. a sidescrolling beat'em up with the character controlling and looking the way they do in their native beat'em ups is kind of unattractive, to me anyway.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
are you sure? it could turn out to be some turn based game, if it's for korean audience I would think this is what it is.
in any case I have a particular aversion to crossovers like that. a sidescrolling beat'em up with the character controlling and looking the way they do in their native beat'em ups is kind of unattractive, to me anyway.

Good point. I saw Terry, Andy, and Joe running around together in what appeared to be a beat em up and was overtaken by hype :lolz: Let's wait and see...

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
C3HTsoIUkAAvNjU.jpg

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
fetal fury? I got that one already.

CrystalCore

Crazed MVS Addict
Looks very much geared towards Japan, with another crazy high school story and setting.

Still, a new IP that gives them mobile profits is always a good idea.

Japan loves their high school manga and anime. It's one of the oldest cliches in Japanese popular culture, next to magical girls, giant robots, Super Sentai, and Kamen Rider sequels.

jdoll

Kuroko's Training Dummy
nothing wrong with titles on mobile aka smart phones hopefully easy to port to vita and 3ds though to...
maybe small print runs via limited run games etc at least

kof on ps4 seems to be a success would be nice if they released it on other platforms...

snk is doing better than they have so a new samsho and metal slug would be awesome!

Fygee

20 Year Member
SNK has released a video for their new IP. Something Something You Are The Hero.

It features naked kids, then generic anime effects, then kids in "cool uniform" garb, a dude eating chicken who looks like Raiden and then looks like Tizoc, one of the kids fighting a Gengar from Pokemon, and a bunch of other characters in rapid succession.

So yeah, there you go.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
SNK has released a video for their new IP. Something Something You Are The Hero.

Here goes...

君はヒーロー ~対決!ご当地怪人編~
kimi wa hiiroo - taiketsu! gotouchikaijin Hen -

You are the Hero - Showdown! Local Mysterious Person Chapter -

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy

It features naked kids, then generic anime effects, then kids in "cool uniform" garb, a dude eating chicken who looks like Raiden and then looks like Tizoc, one of the kids fighting a Gengar from Pokemon, and a bunch of other characters in rapid succession.

So yeah, there you go.

Seriously...... Lame.......

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I'm fine with it. Has a very strong sentai flavor and it's exactly the kind of game I'd expect a Japanese company to release within their borders.

They won't forget about all their other big IPs. They know they're sitting on a goldmine and right now their staff seems to be very focused on respecting that.

If this makes them money, good for them.