PSTV and Fightsticks

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
OK, I have to ask because it's driving me nuts.

I picked up a PSTV out of the margin bin at my local shop. It was $20 and can play MOTW so it made sense at the time. I get it home, run the updates to the OS, visit the shop and buy a copy of MOTW, MS3 and Fez (because it's pretty fun). I break out my Neo Geo X fightstick that works pretty good on my PS3, connect it up to the USB port on the PSTV and nothing fucking happens. Cool.

I dig out my TvC Wii Fightstick and the Mayflash Wii to USB adapter (also used for KoF13 on PS3) and to my dismay, I still get nothing.

Researching online, it appears that the functionality may have been removed by Sony at some point because some people report success and others say that only certain sticks work and online, Mad Catz states that sticks that people have tested SHOULD work with the PSTV because it is a licensed product using supported tech.

So I have to ask. Does anyone here have a successful fightstick solution for the PSTV or is this thing going to end up on the shelf as soon as I get a PS4 (or sooner)?

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
You'd think PS3 joysticks work with a PSTV, wouldn't you? Nope. Wired PS3 controllers don't work unless it's a Dualshock 3/4 or Sixaxis wired via USB. The only way I know at this time to get a joystick to work on PSTV is via a PS2 and/or x360 to PS3 converter. The one I've tried is mayflash, but others have reported other converters working.

Full disclosure though, I'm not a hardcore fighting game expert, so I can't say what kind of lag there is with the mayflash, but when I played Alpha 3 Max on it with my VX-SA, I didn't have any problems.