Problem mv1

konrad

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hi there appears a message on the screen that says calendar error, I do not have unibios and it works well this is due? Happy Holidays

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
try clearing the backup ram (turn all dip switches on, boot the board, let it sit for a few minutes, reset dip switches).

Have you inspected/replaced the battery?

xsq

no, no, that's two different things.

If you turn all the dip switches on, your board will clear the back up ram.

You should also look at the battery to make sure it isn't leaking and there is no damage to the calendar chips that are usually around it. removing the battery would be a good idea as well, if that hasn't been done already.

xsq

Good. Let it sit for 2 minutes, then turn the board off and put all the dip switches back into normal position. I assume you've done all this and it didn't help - right?

Then it is now time to look at your battery. Is it damaged? Does it leak? If you have a multimeter, you should check if it still holds a charge. You can also post pictures. Also inspect the surrounding of the battery: do the traces and chips look ok?

If you still have the original battery installed, you should definitely replace it, because it will damage your board sooner or later.

konrad

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
IMG-20161226-WA0003.jpg It looks good right? Without any fault

Last edited:

xsq

hm, yeah, that looks alright.

I guess now would be the time for someone more knowledgeable than me to chime in... I can't tell you much more than to use the search function and see if someone else had this problem...

Stuck on green is a calendar error, but before you blame the crystal next to the D4990 clock chip, you need to check that power is getting to the chip.

Pin 14 on it should be [...] at +5v. If not, you'll get the stuck on green problem.

If power is there, then check to make sure the crystal is working. An oscilloscope or logic probe will help here. If it's not, replace it.

If the crystal is working and the chip has power then you need to check for corroded or scratched traces.

konrad

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Problem solved thanks for listening and helping greetings.

konrad

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
The jamma adapter did not make good contact and there was a bad cable I cut a piece of cable and it works well.