Sonic and the Black Knight

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
so I've been playing this of late and I must say - it's a pretty strange experiment - but for a number of reasons I think it's pretty great.
for one the soundtrack is fucking rad. I mean, like some of the tunes are amongst the best I have heard in a long time, maybe ever. it's a strange mix at times but the quality is brilliant.

second it's a very cheesy game. at times it feels like something for five year olds and at other times you have characters trying to commit suicide.

the game is very arcady which I think is a huge plus, as you can just enjoy it for what it is. it's very rough around the corners, frustrating at times, often bizarre, but it adds to the fun. kind of how Blue Stinger and Illbleed where fun not only in spite of, but also due to the roughness.

I really like the graphics - this is very much a Sega mid-late 90s title, with chunky colorful polygons. actually it's very much like something in the mold of N64 type designs, which I like. clean simple design.

game reminds me very much like something that could have been on the arcades, it's short and straightforward and weird. and what makes it good is only partly on purpose.

I can't seem to fucking beat King Arthur though. stupid controls

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I dig most of the 3D Sonic games after Sonic '06, including this one.

The Sonic Boom games were disasters but for the most part I enjoy Secret Rings, Black Knight, Unleashed, Generations, Colors, and Lost World.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I dig most of the 3D Sonic games after Sonic '06, including this one.

The Sonic Boom games were disasters but for the most part I enjoy Secret Rings, Black Knight, Unleashed, Generations, Colors, and Lost World.

yeah I'm with you on that, though I actually really liked '06 but it was mostly due to my kid being around 3 when I got this (2008 I think it was) and he'd sit by me as we tried to get through the whole game (which we did with all 3 characters).

I just think Black Knight and Unleashed are good and also good for their 'so bad it's good' bits. like, tasteless and tacky but all the better for it