Lmao Blade Runner 2049

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
You're joking right? If not, don't you mean Gere. Can't remember Ford was in it.

Come on Ratson mate, what the fuck are you doing watching Pretty woman!

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Come on Ratson mate, what the fuck are you doing watching Pretty woman!

My then girlfriend made me go to the cinema for that. Yes I did like it. Could've been a lot worse :D

Marek

Banned
Alright, I watched it just because of this.

He was good in Drive, but whenever I see Gosling's face I just want to punch it.

What a crock of shit this is going to be. I hate sequels that reference the original too much, and I can already see it in the trailer. We've already seen the goddamn original. Fuck.

Yes but at least 80% of people who'll pay to see this on the big screen haven't and they, therefore, are more important to cater to.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Film is going to be amazing and epic. Trust me.

The mood, audio, cinematography and ambience are all there in the trailer, without giving in to the story what so ever. I can not wait for this.

And then.... there is Ryan Gosling. A wonderful choice indeed.

Guaranteed Harrison Ford's role in this will be short and sweet: probably a quicker death given to him in this than TFA. :keke:

:oh_no:Fuck haters, hating on this.
Probably same haters, hating on Rogue One...

The audio?

You mean using the same track from the original Vangelis score?

Why bother shooting new footage if the only value to this film is the legacy material from the original?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The audio?

You mean using the same track from the original Vangelis score?

Why bother shooting new footage if the only value to this film is the legacy material from the original?

Yes, thank you! This is nothing more than a cash grab, a sequel that was never needed. Fuck everyone involved.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
like Monsanto's Sterile Seed Technology

careful, you speak of something you don't understand.

Anyways, just watched the criterion Laserdisc again. For some reason, I didn't recall this version having the inner dialogue. Thankfully my LD is still super clean.

6vqoE.gif

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
THERE IS ALWAYS A CHOICE

my mother watched blade runner recently and hated it, lol.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
THERE IS ALWAYS A CHOICE
Spoiler:
tumblr_mhcpziJEOl1qcu0j0o1_400.jpg

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I was young and ignorant....
(that was totally plausible, right?)

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
You don't have to backpedal on Pretty Woman, it's a good movie.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Pretty Woman is a very good movie, it shows how life should be, but is not, without preaching cynicism -- in my opinion, this old fashioned approach is still the best concept for a film.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Pretty Woman is a very good movie, it shows how life should be, but is not, without preaching cynicism -- in my opinion, this old fashioned approach is still the best concept for a film.

Life should be about blurring the lines between a transaction and ending up falling in love with a hooker?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Life should be about blurring the lines between a transaction and ending up falling in love with a hooker?

Right... this film's excellent in depicting various faces of ruthless, unscrupulous capitalism, where Machiavellian deals meet the sellout of the most precious virtues and emotions, reducing them to plain fucking, i.e. just another form of consumerism. It also shows, how people delve into melancholy, when they reflect their own lives, and when they become cynical the moment they see how others get theirs about right.

But who am I to justify all the evil in our eye, when I myself feel the high of all that I despise? Especially, since your post is a hell lot of funnier, than my narcissistic moralizer...

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
New (full) trailer today:

Now with more Atari Logo:

atari.JPG

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Any word on if they officially call Ford a replicant? R.Scott has flip flopped in past interviews regarding BladeRunner, but he usually favors that he is a replicant.
It would be great if they could keep that ambiguous, but that's quite doubtful.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Any word on if they officially call Ford a replicant? R.Scott has flip flopped in past interviews regarding BladeRunner, but he usually favors that he is a replicant.
It would be great if they could keep that ambiguous, but that's quite doubtful.

The trailer alludes to Deckard's interview forthcoming (administered by Gossling's character, "I want to ask you some questions"). Apparently teasing the fact that we will find out, via this interview, if he is a replicant.

atari-2.jpg

Last edited:

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
I'm 75% excited --which is a lot, considering. A bit dissapointed Sean Young apparently doesn't even have a cameo, but hey, I'm all in for pretty ambigous sights and huge Atari logos.

Although I think it's fair to say that no one, and I mean NO ONE expects this to be as good as the original. Nothing can and never will be.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
My then girlfriend made me go to the cinema for that. Yes I did like it. Could've been a lot worse :D

I completely unironically enjoy Pretty Woman, Richard Gere is awesome as always, Julia Rogers is totally bangable and George Costanza gets punched in the face, whats not to love?

I'm 75% excited --which is a lot, considering. A bit dissapointed Sean Young apparently doesn't even have a cameo, but hey, I'm all in for pretty ambigous sights and huge Atari logos.

Although I think it's fair to say that no one, and I mean NO ONE expects this to be as good as the original. Nothing can and never will be.

Sean Young is a crazy person, it makes sense no one wants her within a mile of any film productions

Last edited: