Well...today's the day. The Electoral vote.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
According to former secret service agents she does it all the time.

I am aware that one agent gave a second hand account in a book he wrote.

But obviously Jord isn't talking about that as he has a history of being much more critical of when it comes to the credibility and motives of character witnesses.

I think Hillary would have picked a better cabinet than Donald.

What do you have against a cabinet full of Generals and Billionaires?
What could possibly go wrong with that?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I think you put a bit too much stock in institutionalized education.

...and that article stinks of education bigotry and racism...

I would prefer that the secretaries of Education, Transportation and Energy should have an advanced degree in a respective field. Call me crazy.

But the problem with the Trump cabinet isn't just lack of education, it is lack of experience in the respective fields.

Last edited:

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I would prefer that the secretaries of Education, Transportation and Energy should have an advanced degree in a respective field. Call me crazy.
What makes you think Clinton would have accommodated that? Bill's Secretaries of Energy, for example, were two lawyers and a career politician.

edit: His Transportation Secretaries were two lawyers (one the same as above) and an MBA who went into insurance after serving in the military.

Billionaires and Generals beat lawyers and career politicians every day and twice on Sunday.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Is Amerikkkah still having a meltdown? We're all over here getting Merry and Festive.

Who cares who runs your country. I mean, do you all care THAT much? Put your feet up. Have a drink! Cheers!

Eh...not really. Things are simmering down. Now that the electoral vote is in, hopefully things will die down even more.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Eh...not really. Things are simmering down. Now that the electoral vote is in, hopefully things will die down even more.

I'm wondering if there will be a triple down

Initial Election Meltdown
Stein recount double down
??????

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I think you put a bit too much stock in institutionalized education.

Agreed 100% on this. Should the Secretary of Education or Energy have some educational backing? Probably, but some of the people coming out of schools these days are the least familiar with how the world actually works. Give me someone with experience and no education over someone with education and no experience any day.

Marek

Banned
What makes you think Clinton would have accommodated that? Bill's Secretaries of Energy, for example, were two lawyers and a career politician.

edit: His Transportation Secretaries were two lawyers (one the same as above) and an MBA who went into insurance after serving in the military.

Billionaires and Generals beat lawyers and career politicians every day and twice on Sunday.

Yeah but you're fully ignoring that Trumps pick for education is a Christian zealot who has spent her time and political capitol trying to force private school vouchers for religious schools and overall undermine public education.

His pick for energy is Rick fucking Perry, who presided over turning Texas into the deregulated shit hole it is and presumably always will be. Horrible wages and income dispairity, horrible worker protections, "right to work" bullshit, etc.

None of bills cabinet positions were actively destroying the industry they were then set to be in charge of.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

I'm judging them against what I would like to see.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
LOL, some of you guys are happy about Trump's University of Phoenix level cabinet.... let me ask you this: would you prefer a qualified doctor to operate on you or just someone with experience of cutting up flesh like a fucking meat packer? The experience argument is bullshit for jobs beyond what you people probably do for a living. And besides, they don't have any experience either. GET A FUCKING CLUE, DUMBFUCKS!!

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
LOL, some of you guys are happy about Trump's University of Phoenix level cabinet.... let me ask you this: would you prefer a qualified doctor to operate on you or just someone with experience of cutting up flesh like a fucking meat packer? The experience argument is bullshit for jobs beyond what you people probably do for a living. And besides, they don't have any experience either. GET A FUCKING CLUE, DUMBFUCKS!!

Please, I'm not happy about any of it. I just don't feel that education should be the only factor for some of these positions. Maybe positions of power like this shouldn't consist of someone who has only read about shit in a textbook...

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Sorry I went a bit overboard earlier. I am just sick to death of anti-intellectualism in America. Our leaders should be the best and the brightest.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Sorry I went a bit overboard earlier. I am just sick to death of anti-intellectualism in America. Our leaders should be the best and the brightest.

I don't disagree, however I've seen firsthand what happens when you hire someone with ONLY educational experience and the results can be disastrous. The problem with educational backgrounds is they only teach ideally how things should be done, which is fine, but how many things in the real world work that way? This is how you get fresh out of school finance guys who believe that not paying people motivates them to work harder or managers who need a fucking chart to figure out that people work better if you treat them like human beings (sadly both true stories). It should be a factor, I agree, but it shouldn't be the only factor.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I don't disagree, however I've seen firsthand what happens when you hire someone with ONLY educational experience and the results can be disastrous. The problem with educational backgrounds is they only teach ideally how things should be done, which is fine, but how many things in the real world work that way? This is how you get fresh out of school finance guys who believe that not paying people motivates them to work harder or managers who need a fucking chart to figure out that people work better if you treat them like human beings (sadly both true stories). It should be a factor, I agree, but it shouldn't be the only factor.

Of course not. A graduate degree should be a minimum requirement for a top cabinet post, along with significant achievements in the field.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Please, I'm not happy about any of it. I just don't feel that education should be the only factor for some of these positions. Maybe positions of power like this shouldn't consist of someone who has only read about shit in a textbook...

Who in the hell has said that education should be the only qualification?
Are you even paying attention?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If Trump nominated Ben Carson for Surgeon General, that might make sense.

But to nominate him for HUD?
WTF?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
The Secertary of Education, should have an advanced degree in Education, along with decades of relevant work experience-
P e r i o d .

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I do like that under Obama, the Sec of Energy has been a person with a strong background in Physics (would also settle for engineering).

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Who in the hell has said that education should be the only qualification?
Are you even paying attention?

Rich and uneducated, just like Trump. I mean, at least pick people with graduate degrees, FFS!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...rop-off-trump-cabinet-picks-article-1.2911859

Sorry, guess I didn't play close enough attention for your liking jackass.

I wasn't even trying to argue with wyo, we've talked about this before. How about reading the follow-up to that next time too instead of jumping the gun to be a contrarian all the time.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Rick Perry actually has quite a long history with implementing energy production in a large state.

He's not designing power plants. He doesn't need to be an engineer or physicist to tackle the business and political angle of energy production.

over 60% of the US's power is generated by Coal and Oil, and he is very familiar with how those organizations work, and what deals are good or bad.

He also has quite a lot of experience with wind and solar power, and has overseen some of the largest scale renewable energy projects in the country.

He's not a terrible choice.