Humble MVS collection

Dandan

n00b
Humble start but it will grow.

Bought these over 10 years ago and considered them lost until I stumbled upon them in the attic the other day :glee:

All are legit besides Neo Bomberman.
Oh the Japanese ones are Last Blade and Real Bout Special.

Also found this supergun but no cables, gotta figure out what would be needed to get it working again.
Appreciate any help with identifying the cables :)

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
That's a nice looking sack of carts! It must have felt great to re-discover them.
Do yo have something to play them on? Or is that supergun the only hardware you have right now?

What a great way to get back into something you use to love... to find your old stuff that you thought was gone. That's found money :)

Which of your games are you eager to get back into first?

Dandan

n00b
Really was exciting to find them, I genuinely thought they were gone forever!
Shock Troopers and Windjammers are two of my favorite games, both of which really are best played 2 player.

I have no MVS currently, will be picking up a MV-1C and modding it for stereo, unibios and if at all possible a vga/hdmi conversion so it can integrate with my tv/home cinema setup.
Ordered some neominiboxes from Italy to put these puppies away properly.

Any advice on how to clean the contacts, they are covered in dust!

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I always just use a high concentration of rubbing alcohol. 90% or higher.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I agree. I've had to clean almost all of my MVS carts to get them to boot properly.

When I clean the board I taken them both out of the cartridge. First I rub the contacts with a pink eraser. Then I wipe the contacts with 99% Isopropyl (rubbing) Alcohol. Sometimes I'll have to do this process a 2nd time before they are clean enough to load.

Dandan

n00b
right off to amazon for the rubbing alcohol.
what do you use for rubbing it with though, I have cloths and rags but I'm worried they would leave bits behind.

Hope these carts still work after at least 10 years without use!

red impact

Crossed Swords Squire
right off to amazon for the rubbing alcohol.
what do you use for rubbing it with though, I have cloths and rags but I'm worried they would leave bits behind.

Hope these carts still work after at least 10 years without use!

Microfibre

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Dat Windjammerz Label is the cools!

All kidding aside, this is a great set up man!

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I just use paper towels when cleaning the contact pins with rubbing alcohol. Paper towels do not work well if you're trying to clean the whole board. They will get caught on the solder joints.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Electrical contact cleaner > rubbing alcohol. Get some CRC QD Contact Cleaner from Home Depot or Deoxit D5 from Amazon.

Dandan

n00b
I should rename this thread really as I plan to add to it with my collection.

Anyway this arrived from Japan today, really pleased as I paid about 」32, the condition is fantastic, its not mint but everything is there with barely a mark.
My plan is to buy the more common, older games on AES in as perfect condition as possible while picking up the rarer more expensive items for the MVS.

Now I appreciate that this is a incredibly common game and worth buttons to most of you, but to me it means a lot!

red impact

Crossed Swords Squire
Don't worry what anyone else thinks, you're happy and doing what you want so fuck em

...unless it's kids then gtfo!

juanjuan

World Soccer '96
WTF?!? Sorry for the double post.

Apparently, I'm not cool enough to delete posts...

Dandan

n00b
So managed to buy a mv-1c for 」36 delivered, it's in really good condition however presently I have no means of testing it.

I then got carried away on eBay and bought this half consolized mv-1c, has unibios, battery mod and all caps replaced.
My plan is to fully consolise this one, will take a while though.

Dandan

n00b
I cant believe I missed this during my previous loft clearance!

3E7B661C-0504-4D01-B6C4-2E6DB388DBCE_zpsp3plxkxq.jpg

I bought this brand new in 2002.
God knows what this is worth as its completely mint other than minor marks on the external box. :scratch:
However I know now I also had (and now lost) a complete kit of Garou and ROTD again brand new as I swear I bought them all together :mad:

The collection is slowly improving, just wating on ordering some new neoboxes to help tidy it up. :multi_co:

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
I wonder if that Shock Troopers cart used to be mine. Don't see those labels often.

Dandan

n00b
its very possible, really want to replace it with a stock looking one though as this one is peeling off.

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
I like those MVS boxes. At least it doesn't say advanced entertainment system on the spine.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Your collection is coming along very very nicely.

How are you playing your games atm?

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I cant believe I missed this during my previous loft clearance!

View attachment 41829

I bought this brand new in 2002.
God knows what this is worth as its completely mint other than minor marks on the external box. :scratch:
However I know now I also had (and now lost) a complete kit of Garou and ROTD again brand new as I swear I bought them all together :mad:

The collection is slowly improving, just wating on ordering some new neoboxes to help tidy it up. :multi_co:

Very nice!