Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Advance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2006 (lol)

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters

Sikleflaming

Quiz Detective
I'm sure this thread has been done to death, but I've never seen it, so I want to know what your favorite metal slug is!

I'm sure X or 3 are going to win, but I've always had a soft spot for Vanilla 2: I don't know what exactly it is (besides perhaps that I played it first), but I feel like the boss changed boss placement in X takes away from the game, and the new weapons really change the strategy in the game for the worse.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
3, then I'd go for 2... I liked those 2 games a lot... I don't wanna know how much money I've spent on MS2 on arcades back then hah

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
3 is my favourite. I love 1 and X but 3 takes the cake. It's insane, impossibly bullshit bosses and well it's SNK's final send off with the MS series. I don't really count 4 or 5 they feel bland in comparison.

Slithis

n00b
The first two, although i would pick the second over the first. Just took it up a notch with the different enemies and design in the second.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Metal slug 3 is great. I would say MS2 but the slowdown kills the game for me.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Thread could use some PolluxTroy reiteration-magic. Some polls just don't work without.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
ms2 is my favourite. but ms3 is the overall bet game in the series imo.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
My favorite is the original followed by 3. They get the most play time on my MVS

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
not a public poll? chicken.

Also what ggallegos said.
[but for fucks sake Geovanny, remove that Tapcaulk bullshit from your posts]

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member

Also what ggallegos said.
[but for fucks sake Geovanny, remove that Tapcaulk bullshit from your posts]
Lol didn't even know that shit was there.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
3>1>X>2>7>5>6>2nd Mission>First Mission>Advance>4

Still need to track down XX for PSP.

I like all of the ones listed. Never played the 3D one or any of the phone games.

Sikleflaming

Quiz Detective

Oh shit I guess I've got brain problems, first poll I set up and I intended it to be public, did not see that.

Lot of people are ranking 1 pretty highly, but I found it to be kind of empty feeling (I guess dated is an alright way to describe it?) when compared to the mechanics of the later games. I think 2 and 3 definitely strike that balance between simplicity but still having cool power ups and weapons (And X gets close but swings a bit too far to the complex side to me) but I would love to hear some reasoning as to why people hold ms1 in such high regard.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Lot of people are ranking 1 pretty highly, but I found it to be kind of empty feeling (I guess dated is an alright way to describe it?) when compared to the mechanics of the later games.

Mechanics, or gimmicks? I'd love to hear what empty feeling is like.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
madman! madman! madman! are you ok? why havent you posted for a few month? madman! dont leave again ever!

I've been bangin' Blade Dancer's wife. Had to take some time off. I hit it and quit it, so I'm back.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
X > 3 > 2 > 1 > 4 > ANYTHING > 5

My issue with the 1st Metal Slug is the short hop jump and that fact that just about every boss except the last is just spam bombs until it's dead, a common strategy in the series but the 1st suffers the most from this, you can tell they tweaked boss health a bit more in later games to prevent near instant KO's that occurred in the first. Fun game, but a bit too easy.

2's only downfall is the lag, but in my opinion I feel like X improved on it in every way.

X is just so fucking good, perfect balance of difficulty, length and pacing. I feel like a lot of the enemy spawns they added are pretty intuitive compared to 2 and the Slug placement changes are fun. Adding the aliens during the down slope on stage 4 makes that stage a lot more exciting and chaotic.

3 is an amazing game. A lot of people complain about the bullet sponging but I think it's perfect in that regard, only complaint about the game is 3 SHMUP sections in a row and the 3rd one drags on and seems unnecessary, pacing would have been perfect with just the side scrolling and space SHMUP portions, the one inside the alien mother ship was just overkill. Also the 4th stage boss can go suck a dick with the gold lasers :lolz:

4 Is alright but nothing special, it reuses a lot of the older assets of the previous Slug's but I still find the game enjoyable (as long as you don't take the mummy path, that section is just horrible and lazy) although not great but certainly not bad, the soundtrack is really good.

5 Is absolute shit, they added a slide mechanic but it just never feels useful, the stage design is total garbage and the boss fights aren't fun, the last boss is a joke. The game was unfinished and it shows. Some of the audio tracks are cool and that's about the only nice thing I can say about the game.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
X is just so fucking good, perfect balance of difficulty, length and pacing. I feel like a lot of the enemy spawns they added are pretty intuitive compared to 2 and the Slug placement changes are fun. Adding the aliens during the down slope on stage 4 makes that stage a lot more exciting and chaotic.
+1!
5 Is absolute shit, they added a slide mechanic but it just never feels useful, the stage design is total garbage and the boss fights aren't fun, the last boss is a joke. The game was unfinished and it shows. Some of the audio tracks are cool and that's about the only nice thing I can say about the game.
Ban plz.