Ssf2t reset middle play

neogeogod

Crazed MVS Addict
Game resets only while playing sagat and pushing hk lk at the same time lol? Any insights?

Last edited:

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
What are you playing on? A cab, a supergun?

Sounds like a ground issue or you're shorting something when both are pressed.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
im assuming its a candy cab hes playing it on, since hes open up that arcade in Denver. is it happening on both player sides or only player 1?

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
What are you playing on? A cab, a supergun?

Sounds like a ground issue or you're shorting something when both are pressed.

Just about to guess that, but if it's only while playing (as?) Sagat, then would it be something more than grounding or voltage? How's the voltage on the board, anyways, neogeogod?

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
other question would be, are you running legit boards? Yeah, doesnt make sense that its only Sagat that does that. throw up a vid of that sheez

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
No if the game consistently crashes at one spot it would indicate corrupt program code.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Some of the avalaunch CPS2 games have weird issues like this - are you using their code?

neogeogod

Crazed MVS Addict
I'll look into it a little bit more I'm pretty sure it's a legit Japanese board. I thought it maybe a board issue. It is only sagat that does it, no other characters. If it was a grounding issue I would assume it would be across the board... It's in a versus city maybe I'll give it a try in another cab see if I have the same problem

Last edited:

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
As always... Try reseating the boards.

neogeogod

Crazed MVS Addict
If it's Phoenixed, could it be bad chips? Even if it's not Phoenixed, what does the memory test say?

Memory test all ok not phoenixed.. Reset the board.. Still doing 1 or 2 player side. Gonna move it to another machine to try and see if it's the cab but i doubt it. Probably just hunt down another board idk thanks for any input.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Memory test all ok not phoenixed.. Reset the board.. Still doing 1 or 2 player side. Gonna move it to another machine to try and see if it's the cab but i doubt it. Probably just hunt down another board idk thanks for any input.

Talk to Raz, I believe he once mentioned that the stock encrypted rom sets do not perform a full CRC check so the memory test is not definitive. What you really need is to use a eprom programmer to be sure.

Believe me man I have seen just about every fault with these boards and there is a 80% chance either the program roms are the fault or a corrupt decryption table. I have had boards fail with both faults and in the bad roms case simply reprogramming the chip(s) with stock software brought it back or in the case of the decryption table becomming corrupt phonixing the board. Now a days you can even reupload the decryption table into the board.

It is insane to write the board off being that it is super expensive and most likely has a minor issue with a quick fix

Last edited:

neogeogod

Crazed MVS Addict
Ill reach out to him maybe I'll toss a back up board in and send it out thanks :)

neogeogod

Crazed MVS Addict
I meant a back up game out of my house lol.. Capcom vs snk or something in Case I had a problem with a board didn't want to take ssf2 off makes good money:/

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
If you need one of the original roms that get replaced during a phoenix for ssf2t, you can have all of mine. My board is a "world" region board. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.