Unholy Night: Darkness Hunter - new SFC fighter by ex-SNK devs?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
WH2 great port
Tournament Fighters was a fun game
SUPER SF2 Bread & Butter
Weapon Lord, underrated.

There are more on the list of good fighting games for the SNES. This game although it has somewhat pretty looking sprites, it moves sluggish and its animated poorly, animation is not on center with the sprite which results in a jittery position under x\y, so yeah, this game could very easily be a turd rather that a gem, hype for collectard shelf food it's one thing, but let's be honest, at best he game looks mediocre, perhaps there is still more work to be done?

Only time will tell, in the mean time...fucking pedostach needs to get to fuck out of here, he's like a fucking disease, all he wants to do is take SME pics ad ask dead Simone to place it on her necrocrack in order to have an optimal shoot...

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
totally agree - but those were pretty AAA in terms of scope. I'd argue ALL the lower budget fighting titles on the system were kind of garbage.
Argh, you and your logic! I suppose I blocked out Sam Showdown on SNES and Genny.

WH2 great port
Tournament Fighters was a fun game
SUPER SF2 Bread & Butter

WH2 and WH1 were really good. This game could shape up to be something, but so far I'm not seeing it. Perhaps the videos are just beta?

elGRIZZbo

Mr. Big's Thug
Samurai Shodown on the SNES isn't very good since the characters are so small. However, it does feature Dolby Pro Logic surround sound which is somewhat surprising for an SNES game of that era.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Whoa. This thread went places...

In addition to the usual TMNT:TF, Gundam Wing, and Street Fighter ports that usually get mentioned, the super famicom had a good number of decent fighters depending on your tolerance for unorthodox/non-streetfighter-like fighting games. Yuu Yuu Hakusho Final, Natsuki Crisis (great oldschool fighting two part anime ova btw!), DBZ Butouden 3, Hyper Dimension, etc where all fun games that never saw the light of day here in the usa, but don't get mentioned a lot due to "not being on the same level" as Gundam W and TMNT. The games are still worth a look and provide a lot of insight into some interesting variations on the core pvp fighting game concept imho.

I hope that the rumor that the framerate is being worked on for Unholy Night proves to be true. The game may not start a craze for new sfc/snes class fighters, but it should prove to be enjoyable at the very least.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I dunno man, I was really hoping those DB games were gonna be good but no cigar.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
The only good DB game I played was DBZ2 Super Battle for the arcade.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

Love this game!

I dunno man, I was really hoping those DB games were gonna be good but no cigar.

The Butouden games don't really stand the test of time compared to the direction that later dbz fighters took, but it was interesting to see how the game handled the range and versatility of the dbz cast. I wouldn't ask anyone to buy the games today, but they are worth a fun look back (Especially Hyper Dimension if we're only talking non-rpg sfc dbz titles).

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
There's an option to give $10 and get an SNES controller if you don't want the lower priced clear black cartridge that's only $35.
Maybe $35 for you in dead girl city, USA. I have to consider shipping & customs. Plus the cart won't fit in my (60hz+region modded) PAL SNES. And fuck no, I'm not gonna pay $10 for a knockoff controller when I don't know if it will be any good - I'd rather just donate the ten.

I guess there aren't any moderators on this forum
Is this kind of behavior really necessary?
giphy.gif

Turtles Tournament fighting
lol, I played the super inferior NES version of that BITD... in 50hz... it sucked but we still played it... :lolz:

Serious question though: The US PCBs should fit into a JPN/Euro shell, right? They should offer that as an option for us euro folks.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
Serious question though: The US PCBs should fit into a JPN/Euro shell, right? They should offer that as an option for us euro folks.

There's always the pre-order option for a JP cart from somewhere like Play-Asia.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

I think those Banpresto games are all right, fun, specially Satan, he's awesome...Hercule! Anyway, in all honesty I've always wanted a good DB game, I played several of them, always trying, it wasn't until Raging Blast that shit got real, ever since then DB fighting games have turned for the better.

Flagshiphero

Crazed MVS Addict
I really enjoyed turtles tournament fighters back in the days. Although SF2 Turbo is my fav by far, countless hours of my youth I lost to that game. I remember a school friend recording the sound of him doing Zangiefs suplex special on tape, so we would believe he managed the move...great times.

elGRIZZbo

Mr. Big's Thug
I really enjoyed turtles tournament fighters back in the days. Although SF2 Turbo is my fav by far, countless hours of my youth I lost to that game. I remember a school friend recording the sound of him doing Zangiefs suplex special on tape, so we would believe he managed the move...great times.

I also have wonderful memories of playing Street Fighter II Turbo. So much so that when I saw the trailer for Ultra Street Fighter II for the Nintendo Switch it sparked a little nostolgia in me.

Speaking of the Switch, perhaps Unholy Night could be ported to it. The game would probably look pretty good on the Switch's small screen.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I'm done Kickstarting games. If and when this comes out I'll check out reviews. IMHO you gotta have better perks then just a gold colored cart to entice folks.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
It looks interesting, but I'll wait until I see a video of the final version which will hopefully play twice as fast.

Also it will be cool if someone does an MSU1 audio hack, probably just a matter of time if the game ends up being popular.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Game looks like utter crap.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I think those Banpresto games are all right, fun, specially Satan, he's awesome...Hercule! Anyway, in all honesty I've always wanted a good DB game, I played several of them, always trying, it wasn't until Raging Blast that shit got real, ever since then DB fighting games have turned for the better.

super sonic warriors for the gba was a really good one, eg. very faithful to the anime. that and advanced adventure are my favourite dragon ball games, both for the gba.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
There's always the pre-order option for a JP cart from somewhere like Play-Asia.
...if I was paying for this I'd prefer a version that is friendly to my gaijin ass...

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
Even if it is a bit on the slow side, it's a new SNES game, and one by old SNK hands too. I wish them the best they can scrape that together. $52500 and to cover 1500 carts ($35 a piece.) Pretty reasonable all things considered.

Yup, I'm up for taking a chance, I backed for the smoke cart.

Flagshiphero

Crazed MVS Addict
Well, i just watched the gameplay vid again, and indeed it runs very slow. hopefully they fix ths or include turbo modes.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
That Sailor Moon fighter for SFC is pretty OK for a poverty fighter. IIRC the tier list is pretty stacked though.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
super sonic warriors for the gba was a really good one, eg. very faithful to the anime. that and advanced adventure are my favourite dragon ball games, both for the gba.

Thanks, I'll check them out. Extreme Butoden came out forthe 3DS, looks awesome plays meh...not bad but a bit too simple, great for kids I'm sure.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I loved playing the Shin Budokai games on PSP, they were pretty good. Before those I had only played DBGT final bout, these felt like a huge improvement in comparison.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I just came back in to say, I think they are missing a great opportunity to make the most advanced fighter on the SNES. In this era of extremely cheap memory, upping the meg count past 32 would give the developers the freedom to make the best animated game ever seen on the system.

That said I might still actually back this against my better judgement. Maybe it will get them to do other good stuff in the future.