Unholy Night: Darkness Hunter - new SFC fighter by ex-SNK devs?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
hm, if true, then I'm even more interested.

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I wonder if it will be released physically.

also dem tits on Nightmare.

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Looks a tad slow, but hey, I'm up for anything for the SNES with an actual physical release, specially if done by ex-SNK staff. Would be pretty stupid not to be at least cautiously optimistic.

However, if it has no english option, I pass. I simply can't into moonrunes.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
if this really is by the old snk guys, i'll purchase it just to show support. if they get enough support for this, then thy may move on to bigger stuff.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I've found something somewhat striking about what this game promises: oldschool, beautifull hand drawn backrounds.
which leads me to my next point - how ex-SNK are showing their love.
please let me refer you to exhibit A.
Screen shot 2016-12-21 at 5.04.54 PM.png

and now exhibit B.
Screen shot 2016-12-21 at 5.06.57 PM.png

am I reaching? I don't think so.
I am getting this game though.
I love AoF2
I've read that there will be 12 playable characters 6 hunters and 6 monsters.
to be confirmed I guess

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
there is a fountain ion the backround of Unholy Night by the way

edit: I assume it's a fountain, a monument at the very least
Screen shot 2016-12-21 at 5.15.54 PM.png

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
that BG does look great - AOF2 inspired or not.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
oh yes, this is what video games are all about, pre-ordering. :thevt:

Well for those that want to Play Asia now has this game up for pre-order, it appears to come out in March:

http://www.play-asia.com/unholy-night-the-darkness-hunter/13/70aw3p

There is a new video on the play asia page which seems to be a direct capture with in-game music etc.

I'm keen to pick this up but I would love to know if the game is any good obviously, it looks great so far for a snes game to me. However I am keen to know what type of PCB they are going to use for the cart, shell type and packaging. More info should really be included on the order page, does anyone have any more info to hand?

Last edited:

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I'll probably still get this but man does that still looks slow and clunky.

fluxcore

Another Striker
The art and designs look fantastic, but the gameplay still seems slow and kinda janky. I'd love to pick this up, but really can't tell if the game itself will be any good. Awesome it's getting an actual cartridge release though, keen to see the final packaging.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
When you compare this to TMNT Tournament Fighters,Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S, Gundam W Endless Duel, and other obscure fighters on the SNES it just seems like this brings nothing new to the table.

I really hope the frame rate is better, no excuse for how bad it is. It also would've been nice to see an English option too for some good ol' Engrish action. Hopefully they iron these things out and also release what the box/cart will look like.

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
When you compare this to TMNT Tournament Fighters,Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S, Gundam W Endless Duel, and other obscure fighters on the SNES it just seems like this brings nothing new to the table.

I really hope the frame rate is better, no excuse for how bad it is. It also would've been nice to see an English option too for some good ol' Engrish action. Hopefully they iron these things out and also release what the box/cart will look like.

agreed. you'd think that with something like this there would be more creative risk taking and it comes off a generic borefest. fucking werewolf characters..
I mean 32meg and have you seen the win poses?
I'd only buy this as a novelty.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
That frame rate needs to get better for me to commit to this. So far, like Devil^ this would only be a novelty purchase, IF I'd even bother.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Totally getting a Guilty Gear on the Gameboy Advance vibe from this. That's a good and a bad thing. However, had this come out in the 90's I definitely would have given this game a shot back then so count me in.

The "Nightmare" character really reminds me of Sofia from Toshinden for some reason...

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
Wish they had worked on the Neo Geo instead, but this looks interesting anyway. A bit slow though.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
What is that, like 12 frames per second?

looks terrible.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
SFC is a little underpowered to be releasing even retro games on at this point. Maybe for an RPG. They should have chosen something that gives them a little more range.