Thread: Unholy Night: Darkness Hunter - new SFC fighter by ex-SNK devs?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Armored Scrum Object

Unholy Night: Darkness Hunter - new SFC fighter by ex-SNK devs?

I saw this elsewhere but hadn't seen it mentioned here yet:

https://www.post76.com/x2/forum.php?...ble&tid=249131

I read this was supposedly being done by ex-SNK staff but don't know if that's actually true, or if it is true who is actually involved. Anyone know anything about it?

Geese's Thug

Well, it looks pretty awesome and will buy this so very hard if it will be made available to the general public in February. How cool is that that we can buy a new fighting game on a friggin' SNES cart?!? Very cool for sure.

And if I may dream a little: Imagine those folks, indeed ex-SNK by the sound of it, would have had not only fun making this game but even were to experience some financial success with it, within a reasonable margin. Maybe they'd do a Neo Geo project next!

But I'll very, very gladly take what I can get for now.

Astra Superstar

Man the game looks wicked.

Cool pics

Where can we pre-order?
    I want one
    Hyper Neo Geo 64 / Neo Geo CD - Top Loader / Neo Geo Poket Color/ Neo MVS - MV1FZ / 1B / 4F

Astra Superstar

The more I see, the more I'm loving the game pics... Just wow
    What a nice looking game art
    If this guys are not formerly SNK employees , they surely have the know -how on this field

Art is really great
    Hyper Neo Geo 64 / Neo Geo CD - Top Loader / Neo Geo Poket Color/ Neo MVS - MV1FZ / 1B / 4F

Geese's Thug

In the video I saw it looked painfully slow, though hopefully that can be rectified.

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

Found about this a few hours ago and I'm pleased. I saw someone knock it for being on SNES saying it was a bad idea due to the small market. The thing is, it could end up just being a passion project or better yet a ground floor entrance. Piko of Piko Interactive had started out the same way just releasing games on the original format (usually NES and Genesis) but then started using a coder to bring the stuff over to Android. If this is SNK coders, talent they'd have in spades and I see no reason why something like that could not happen. I admit if they are, it's a bummer it's not on the Neo Geo format, but given what after market parts to make one of those costs SNES is more logical based on price. Not just price, but hardware too because it has a full clean color palette and strong audio system, while say the Genesis was fairly limited and its audio output usually was a bit tinny, scratchy, and muffled too. The clearer setup leaves more choice to use existing assets without remaking them again.
    Games, Manga, Transformers (G1), Japanese Robots, and more... http://tanooki.byethost16.com/
    Looking for the above stuff, Neo-Geo MVS, Dreamcast, and Gameboy(any) too.

FUCKSTICK MODERATOR.
    Misanthrope

Chasing the Pfhor around L'howon with SPNKR in hand...

Quote Originally Posted by SNK_Pro View Post
    In the video I saw it looked painfully slow, though hopefully that can be rectified.
    Honestly, if that's a factor, maybe fighting games from that era aren't your thing?

KOF matches are fun and all, but SS is "slow" and it's a thinking man's fighting game.

I personally prefer the slower, more strategic fighting games.

They call him "Mr. Windy". wataru330's Avatar

An Asura Blade/Buster double pack for psn & xbla would scratch the itch, that this game just can't quite reach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Peart View Post
    Innocence gave me confidence, to go up against reality...

Analog_Delivery_System=*when you absolutely, positively,
    must rock every person in the room*

"I don't think your kids should see us playing Joust in this parking lot..."
    -300wins

Cham Cham's Banana

After watching the video, this game reminds me of Eternal Champions on the Genesis...

Robert Garcia's Butler

My understanding (according to the guy who is doing the packaging design I believe?) the December videos were at 80% completion and only 14 fps, which has now been upped to 24 fps. They are working to make it smoother but have to sacrifice other things. I too wish they would do a Neo version but great to see this regardless. Also, it seems like there will be a SNES version as well.

Global Moderator
    Voice of Reason

For less than the price of crappy dinner for four, at a shit show restaurant like Chile's, I can take a gamble on a product produced by former SNK developers that have produced killer stuff in the past.

I'm in, bitches.

KING of BLING
    [place bling here]

Quote Originally Posted by RyoGeo View Post
    For less than the price of crappy dinner for four, at a shit show restaurant like Chile's, I can take a gamble on a product produced by former SNK developers that have produced killer stuff in the past.

I'm in, bitches.
    This. Same.
    ROT IS DELETING PHOTOBUCKET LINKS!... SOON... he'll be changing usernames... xROTx

Neo Bubble Buster

That's a shame it looks so slow and clunky. I like the art style.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

NEST Puppet

The Unholy Night Kickstarter is up. They're only looking for $52,500. You get your choice of either a clear black (smoke) or gold cartridge.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

Even if it is a bit on the slow side, it's a new SNES game, and one by old SNK hands too. I wish them the best they can scrape that together. $52500 and to cover 1500 carts ($35 a piece.) Pretty reasonable all things considered.
    Games, Manga, Transformers (G1), Japanese Robots, and more... http://tanooki.byethost16.com/
    Looking for the above stuff, Neo-Geo MVS, Dreamcast, and Gameboy(any) too.

New Challenger

Was pleased to see this was posted in here. I jumped in for a normal cart.

King's Dry Cleaner

The only game I ever backed was Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero & that turned out great. I feel like this is going to bite me in the ass if I don't jump on it. This sort of thing should be encouraged, even if it's only a side project. Would love to see them do more of the same on other systems.

King's Dry Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Even if it is a bit on the slow side, it's a new SNES game, and one by old SNK hands too. I wish them the best they can scrape that together. $52500 and to cover 1500 carts ($35 a piece.) Pretty reasonable all things considered.
    Yup, I'm up for taking a chance, I backed for the smoke cart.

Cheng's Errand Boy

Well, i just watched the gameplay vid again, and indeed it runs very slow. hopefully they fix ths or include turbo modes.

schnuth is one
    DUMBASS username.

I'm done Kickstarting games. If and when this comes out I'll check out reviews. IMHO you gotta have better perks then just a gold colored cart to entice folks.

Choi's Barber

It looks interesting, but I'll wait until I see a video of the final version which will hopefully play twice as fast.

Also it will be cool if someone does an MSU1 audio hack, probably just a matter of time if the game ends up being popular.

Robot Master.
    Master Tasuke
    Eat Your
    Heart Out Bro'

Game looks like utter crap.
    Hit detection. it's all about hit detection.

schnuth is one
    DUMBASS username.

I've had some pretty good luck with Warehouse Deals in the past. Just be sure to read the description. I've had to send a couple things back because they didn't match. Like missing a manual or insert or something. You can get some pretty good deals on there sometimes.

Thread Information