Problem with 4-slot when memory card used

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I cannot get my Neo 4-slot to boot up if I have a memory card installed. I am using a Neo Savemasta card and unibios on the board. I am pretty sure its not the memory card because I also tried with the Neo Savemasta onboard memory too. Same results. Below is a pick of the screen I am getting. It flickers with the same screen picture. Once I remove the card, the 4-slot boots up. Also, I do not have a battery installed on the 4-slot board. Not sure if that effects things.

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
MS 1, 2, 3 and 1945. No issues if the memory card is used, but once inserted, the screen goes out.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
You may have to check the pins in the MV-IC board...maybe some of them did bend, shorting when the card is inserted?

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
Check the two connectors from the MV-IC on the board as well

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I didn't see any bent pins. I've tried 2 types of memory. The first using the memory card reader with a Neosavmasta card and then a Neosavmasta onboard memory bank that omits the memory reader and cables. I am still waiting for my battery cell holder to install. Does the Neo require a battery for the memory card to work correctly? With memory installed, the screen flips out. Once the memory is removed, it boots/plays fine.

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Does clearing the memory card in the unibios tool help at all?

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I would need for the PCB to boot first to do that. Like I said, with the memory installed, the screen goes nuts.

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
Well, installing a battery did not fix the problem. No bent pins either. Still no clue...

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Is the Unibios in MVS or AES mode? Try changing it.

What happens if you insert the card after booting? If you can do that without crashing, try soft reseting the system from the in-game Unibios menu while holding ABCD on controller 1. This should take you into the memory manager. If it won't display data or the file user name there, I would try formatting the card from that menu.