Gyna

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Taiwan president calls Trump, Trump accepts.

China gets super butthurt that Trump is talking directly with the Taiwanese president, the first time since 1979 that a president has.

Media puts Trump on fullblast because the media is fucking shit and everyone knows it now. Or not. Whatever.

Trump comes back with a 'Oh I can't talk to the Taiwanese president but the US can supply them with billions of dollars worth of arms?' and shit gets lit.

I mean...

I didn't vote for the same reasons Taiso didn't, but this is a good move. So many countries have bent ass over backwards for China...the UK, 'straya, even the US...and I'm pretty glad Trump dgaf. There shouldn't be any kowtowing to China from the US whatsoever.

Drunk post. Maybe no one has heard of this in the US, I dunno, but it's kinda big news here now. Chinese like Trump for the most part (before this non-scandal, at least), go figure.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Yes - all the talking heads are going on about this. I understand the one-China policy...I guess. It's a can of worms internationally if the Uighers, Tibetans or any other of the 56 distinct ethnic minorities feel emboldened to push for more autonomy or outright sovereignty. That said - it isn't the worst thing to see how the Chinese react. This could just be a selfish power play with US interests; push this now, agree to call it a mistake and back off and China agrees to not fight the US on revaluing the Yuan and higher taxes on some Chinese imports. There are days you can think he's a brilliant guy thinking 3 steps ahead, and times he just seems so arrogant and over his head that he's the scariest person in the world.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
agree to call it a mistake and back off and China agrees to not fight the US on revaluing the Yuan

The yuan has slowly been declining for half a year now. In the past month it began rapidly devaluing, hitting 6.93RMB to 1 dollars. This morning I woke up and it had hit an all-time low (of the past decade, at least) of 7.43RMB. So good time for Americans to spend money in China, not so much the other way around. I'm glad I didn't exchange all my dollars when I came back.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
In the news here, again! Big news, YUGE

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1023260.shtml

China said on Monday that it is "gravely concerned" about US President-elect Donald Trump's latest remarks suggesting he is reconsidering the one-China policy, urging the new administration to adhere to the policy.

"The one-China policy is the political foundation of China-US ties," said Geng Shuang, Foreign Ministry spokesperson, at a daily press briefing.

He said the stable and healthy development of China-US ties and cooperation in major areas will be severely affected if this foundation was undermined.

On "Fox News Sunday," Trump said that that he does not feel "bound by a one-China policy unless we make a deal with China having to do with other things, including trade."

The Taiwan issue, concerning China's sovereignty and territorial integrity, involves China's core interest, Geng said.

"We urge the new US leader and the government to fully recognize the high sensitivity of the Taiwan issue, continue to stick to the one-China policy and the three Joint Communiques between China and the United States, and discreetly deal with Taiwan-related issues so as to prevent China-US relations from being severely disturbed and damaged," the spokesperson said.

Oh man we're off to a good start. I like the way this guy is giving zero fucks. It's amazing. So many butthurt people over here. Even Chinese people who don't care much for the party are still ferocious and in absolute and complete denial about Taiwan. Was messing with one person yesterday, "But doesn't Taiwan have a different leader and government? Doesn't Taiwan have a different currency? Can mainland Chinese even visit Taiwan without a visa? Hmmm, kinda sounds like...a different country!" oh boy that friendship is ruined now, but worth it. meltdown of LWK proportions.

Anyway I am really enjoying this part of Trump trolling China.

ninjaedit: this is my 29,000th post

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Ha, I had no idea that the average Chinese citizen gave a fuck about Taiwan.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
ebay bucks are now going to be harder to earn but you get certificate regardless of earning five or not.