Yakuza (Series)

Yoshi

20 Year Member
With the PSX announcements yesterday, there are now three games in this series coming west in the next two years.

First is Yakuza 0 in January:

Next is Yakuza Kiwami, which is a full remake of the original PS2 game:

Finally, Yakuza 6 is coming in 2018:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I fucking love Yakuza but I don't have a PS4 because no 4K Blu Ray. Bastards.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I have Zero on pre-order. Can't wait.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I fucking love Yakuza but I don't have a PS4 because no 4K Blu Ray. Bastards.

that's a dumb reason...

Also, my Mrs. loves the Yakuza games... I sat through 5(?) with her and holy shit the haruka stuff was awful, what a slog.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
This series is awesome and it's good to see Sega promote the games outside japan again. They're basically rpg's with a beat em up battle system. Would be cool if they also ported the psp Yakuza games to ps4 (like Square did with FF Type-0).

ginoscope

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I love this series I really need to play part 5. I have it on my ps3 but have not played it much.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
this is good news. i've played the first three games and like them more than i did shenmue at the time. after years of fans begging sega to bring yakuza 3 over to the west, i honestly thought we wouldn't get the rest of the series over here. but here they are. now i think we could rest assured that sega finally understands that there's a huge fan base outside of japan for these games. now i could put these games on my to buy list.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
that's a dumb reason...

Also, my Mrs. loves the Yakuza games... I sat through 5(?) with her and holy shit the haruka stuff was awful, what a slog.

I can count the number of PS4/XB1 games I really want on one hand. I was only going to buy one of the two no matter what. I assumed PS4 Pro would play 4K Blu Ray, what with Blu Ray being a fucking Sony format and all, but nope. When it was announced that only Xbox One S would play 4K Blu Ray, that made my decision for me. So now I have an XB1 that I have spent maybe 10 total hours playing games on, with probably 5X that amount of time watching movies.

juanjuan

World Soccer '96
I like this series, more specifically, 3 and 4, as I never played the first 2. It's got a nice Sega vibe going on, with the cheesy dialogue and very likable characters.

Having said that, my favorite is Dead Souls, which is one of the most underrated PS3 games. Once you get used to the controls and the camera, it's just so much fun.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
i started playing yakuza 5 and thought the series seemed so interesting that before playing any further i would watch 1 through 4. i watched 1, it was good. ive tried to watch 2 like 6 times now and it is fucking boring as tits. i have watched about 2 hours past the point where he slams the mahjong players head on the table. its just boring.
i want to catch up on the story so i can enjoy 5, but at this point am wondering if i even have the time to do so. series seems to have a steep story curve unless someone can direct me to a quick way to understand what all is going on.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
i started playing yakuza 5 and thought the series seemed so interesting that before playing any further i would watch 1 through 4. i watched 1, it was good. ive tried to watch 2 like 6 times now and it is fucking boring as tits. i have watched about 2 hours past the point where he slams the mahjong players head on the table. its just boring.
i want to catch up on the story so i can enjoy 5, but at this point am wondering if i even have the time to do so. series seems to have a steep story curve unless someone can direct me to a quick way to understand what all is going on.

i recommend you play the games instead. the gameplay of yakuza 2 is actually better than the first. and the world is bigger with more possibilities for exploration. almost every one i know who likes the first game also likes the second.

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
i recommend you play the games instead. the gameplay of yakuza 2 is actually better than the first. and the world is bigger with more possibilities for exploration. almost every one i know who likes the first game also likes the second.

I agree the second game was amazing. However, the third game had the most feels attached for me when it came to the game as a whole. Basically Kazuma trying to retire and live a peaceful life, but the Mob game just won't leave him alone. It's a shame that Sega won't release any of these as a port to the PC. I wouldn't mind being able to play Yakuza 5 or even 0!

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member

If you have a copy of Yakuza 3 or 4 you can hit up the "reminisce" menu option. There you can watch summary videos of the previous installments.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Love Yakuza series.......
Those mini games are awesome......
waiting for Yakuza 6 from play-asia :)

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Love Yakuza series.......
Those mini games are awesome......
waiting for Yakuza 6 from play-asia :)

ah yes, the mini games. my favourite one was where you create your very own brothel. you have to talk all the girls into working there, and you even get to decorate the place from the carpet to the wall paper :keke: . yeah the mini games are a fun touch. but i think they went a little over board with the later titles. i think the gameplay trailer for yakuza 4 was nothing but mini games :lolz:.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
If you have a copy of Yakuza 3 or 4 you can hit up the "reminisce" menu option. There you can watch summary videos of the previous installments.

Did not know they had this option, looks like I will be picking up a copy of yakuza 4 and starting there. Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3havoc

n00b
Never touched a Yakuza game yet, but I am planning on picking up the Zero and the first game remake since a couple of pals won't stop talking this game up.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I played the original Yakuza but its load times between countless street battles did my head in.

sir arthur

War Room Troll
Yakuza 4 was a big step from 3, but I found the 5th too similar.

The hunting part was ok but after that It became a little bit dull. And long, too long for me. More than 100h (50% completion)

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
The hunting part was ok but after that It became a little bit dull. And long, too long for me. More than 100h (50% completion)

Yeah that was pretty rough, Haruka's story didn't help any either. I had to force myself to beat the game.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
No, Kiwami is the remake of the original Yakuza, but both are getting released here.