Yakuza (Series)

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
giphy.gif

I bought Yakuza 0 a few months back and got to chapter 7... hasn't been touched since.

got boring?.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
well i took a six month break too and just recently finished it.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
well i took a six month break too and just recently finished it.

No doubt I'll probably do the same thing. I started playing front mission 3 like 6 years ago and only finished that recently.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
i recently started playing yakuza dead souls again after more than three years :lolz:

edit: actually it was more like five years...

Last edited:

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
N00b bump.

I haven't played any game in the series. Should I start in order of release, start with Kiwami, or go another route?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Assuming Kiwami didn't fuck the original game up, you can either start with that or with Y0. Once you finish with either of them, play the other.

Then wait for Kiwami 2 to be localized, which may take forever.

Then either wait again for the inevitable remasters of 3 ~ 5, or play them on PS3. You can skip Dead Souls.

Finally, play 6, which is coming soon.

PS: only Y6 and Kiwami 2 will feel fresh, since they use a newer engine. The rest will feel lazy rehashes of each other. Expect to get burned out by them quick especially if you are expecting improvements in the gameplay or graphics. Best to avoid playing them back to back.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Thanks for the help. I might start with Kiwami, then.

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
N00b bump.

I haven't played any game in the series. Should I start in order of release, start with Kiwami, or go another route?

Personally I would play kiwami, then 0 and wait until the next Remasters come about. I think playing Kiwami will give you that glimpse into the future with Kiriyu and then 0 will make you wonder more about how he started out.

Enjoy! Yakuza 3 was a personal favorite of mine just because you kinda feel for Kiriyu in his old age.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Assuming Kiwami didn't fuck the original game up, you can either start with that or with Y0. Once you finish with either of them, play the other.

Then wait for Kiwami 2 to be localized, which may take forever.

Then either wait again for the inevitable remasters of 3 ~ 5, or play them on PS3. You can skip Dead Souls.

Finally, play 6, which is coming soon.

PS: only Y6 and Kiwami 2 will feel fresh, since they use a newer engine. The rest will feel lazy rehashes of each other. Expect to get burned out by them quick especially if you are expecting improvements in the gameplay or graphics. Best to avoid playing them back to back.

Kiwami 2 coming August 28th:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
This series is epic! Long live Yakuza, like that the future of the series is looking good too.

it is now. i remember when people in the west had to sign a petition to get the next instalment of the game released in the west.

Psycho_Kenshin

Par-Dak,
For sure, it's great to see things turn around like that. And that they'll have had four Yakuza games hit US in a year and a half, great to see.

rvls

Crazed MVS Addict
Yep, really glad it's back on its feet though. Such a good series. Bummed that I didn't make it out to the art event they did with Horitomo down in LA recently.

LadyVamp

Camel Slug
I have played some of the Yakuza games. I just got to the second character story of Yakuza 5. I love these games in general, but, I hate when I just want to do shit and I have to fight 9 million people on the streets before I get to where I want to go. I know you can just walk by and they wont bother you, but, I like to run. Ain't nobody got time to walk.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I have played some of the Yakuza games. I just got to the second character story of Yakuza 5. I love these games in general, but, I hate when I just want to do shit and I have to fight 9 million people on the streets before I get to where I want to go. I know you can just walk by and they wont bother you, but, I like to run. Ain't nobody got time to walk.

If you have "Beads of Good Fortune" equip it. It cuts your encounters down dramatically.

LadyVamp

Camel Slug
If you have "Beads of Good Fortune" equip it. It cuts your encounters down dramatically.

Yep, I did end up getting it and equipping it, it worked wonders. Such a relief to be able to run down the street and not have to stop every 3 steps ffs.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Haven't played Yakuza since part 1 but picked up 6 and loving it.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Don't worry, you won't have to deal with the baby for quite a while after Onomichi.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
That would be insane. I had alot of fun with 3. Would be interesting to see all the games thus far on one console though.