Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 85

Thread: Yakuza (Series)

  1. #51
    BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!
    Bogard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    LONDON

    Posts
    3,427
    Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post


    I bought Yakuza 0 a few months back and got to chapter 7... hasn't been touched since.
    got boring?.

  2. #52
    World's Greatest Poster Dr Shroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕗ

    Posts
    18,694
    well i took a six month break too and just recently finished it.


  3. #53
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst

    Posts
    10,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shroom View Post
    well i took a six month break too and just recently finished it.
    No doubt I'll probably do the same thing. I started playing front mission 3 like 6 years ago and only finished that recently.



    !!

  4. #54
    World's Greatest Poster Dr Shroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕗ

    Posts
    18,694
    i recently started playing yakuza dead souls again after more than three years

    edit: actually it was more like five years...
    Last edited by Dr Shroom; 09-13-2017 at 06:01 PM.


  5. #55
    Believes WWF is Real.
    Cocaine is a
    Helluva Drug.
    JoeAwesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    1,658
    N00b bump.

    I haven't played any game in the series. Should I start in order of release, start with Kiwami, or go another route?
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Unify the IWGP Heavyweight, Jr Heavyweight...
    Spoiler:

  6. #56
    NeoGumby's Sycophant
    k'_127's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates

    Posts
    5,932
    Assuming Kiwami didn't fuck the original game up, you can either start with that or with Y0. Once you finish with either of them, play the other.

    Then wait for Kiwami 2 to be localized, which may take forever.

    Then either wait again for the inevitable remasters of 3 ~ 5, or play them on PS3. You can skip Dead Souls.

    Finally, play 6, which is coming soon.

    PS: only Y6 and Kiwami 2 will feel fresh, since they use a newer engine. The rest will feel lazy rehashes of each other. Expect to get burned out by them quick especially if you are expecting improvements in the gameplay or graphics. Best to avoid playing them back to back.

  7. #57
    Believes WWF is Real.
    Cocaine is a
    Helluva Drug.
    JoeAwesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    1,658
    Thanks for the help. I might start with Kiwami, then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Unify the IWGP Heavyweight, Jr Heavyweight...
    Spoiler:

  8. #58
    King's Dry Cleaner
    Shin9999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    North Carolina

    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeAwesome View Post
    N00b bump.

    I haven't played any game in the series. Should I start in order of release, start with Kiwami, or go another route?
    Personally I would play kiwami, then 0 and wait until the next Remasters come about. I think playing Kiwami will give you that glimpse into the future with Kiriyu and then 0 will make you wonder more about how he started out.

    Enjoy! Yakuza 3 was a personal favorite of mine just because you kinda feel for Kiriyu in his old age.

  9. #59
    NeoGumby's Sycophant
    k'_127's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates

    Posts
    5,932
    Quote Originally Posted by k'_127 View Post
    Assuming Kiwami didn't fuck the original game up, you can either start with that or with Y0. Once you finish with either of them, play the other.

    Then wait for Kiwami 2 to be localized, which may take forever.

    Then either wait again for the inevitable remasters of 3 ~ 5, or play them on PS3. You can skip Dead Souls.

    Finally, play 6, which is coming soon.

    PS: only Y6 and Kiwami 2 will feel fresh, since they use a newer engine. The rest will feel lazy rehashes of each other. Expect to get burned out by them quick especially if you are expecting improvements in the gameplay or graphics. Best to avoid playing them back to back.
    Kiwami 2 coming August 28th:

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=x271zjoY70c

  10. #60
    Par-Dak
    Psycho_Kenshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    East Coast, USA

    Posts
    68
    This series is epic! Long live Yakuza, like that the future of the series is looking good too.

  11. #61
    BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!
    Bogard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    LONDON

    Posts
    3,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho_Kenshin View Post
    This series is epic! Long live Yakuza, like that the future of the series is looking good too.
    it is now. i remember when people in the west had to sign a petition to get the next instalment of the game released in the west.

  12. #62
    Par-Dak
    Psycho_Kenshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    East Coast, USA

    Posts
    68
    For sure, it's great to see things turn around like that. And that they'll have had four Yakuza games hit US in a year and a half, great to see.

  13. #63
    Crossed Swords Squire

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Bay Area, California

    Posts
    193
    Yep, really glad it's back on its feet though. Such a good series. Bummed that I didn't make it out to the art event they did with Horitomo down in LA recently.

  14. #64
    NAM-75 Vet
    LadyVamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada

    Posts
    489
    I have played some of the Yakuza games. I just got to the second character story of Yakuza 5. I love these games in general, but, I hate when I just want to do shit and I have to fight 9 million people on the streets before I get to where I want to go. I know you can just walk by and they wont bother you, but, I like to run. Ain't nobody got time to walk.

  15. #65
    Azura's Bladesmith
    WoodyXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, TX

    Posts
    3,548
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyVamp View Post
    I have played some of the Yakuza games. I just got to the second character story of Yakuza 5. I love these games in general, but, I hate when I just want to do shit and I have to fight 9 million people on the streets before I get to where I want to go. I know you can just walk by and they wont bother you, but, I like to run. Ain't nobody got time to walk.
    If you have "Beads of Good Fortune" equip it. It cuts your encounters down dramatically.

  16. #66
    NAM-75 Vet
    LadyVamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada

    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyXP View Post
    If you have "Beads of Good Fortune" equip it. It cuts your encounters down dramatically.

    Yep, I did end up getting it and equipping it, it worked wonders. Such a relief to be able to run down the street and not have to stop every 3 steps ffs.

  17. #67
    Robot Master.
    Master Tasuke
    Eat Your
    Heart Out Bro'
    GutsDozer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Metairie, LA

    Posts
    3,639
    Haven't played Yakuza since part 1 but picked up 6 and loving it.
    Hit detection. it's all about hit detection.

  18. #68
    Azura's Bladesmith
    WoodyXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, TX

    Posts
    3,548
    Quote Originally Posted by GutsDozer View Post
    Haven't played Yakuza since part 1 but picked up 6 and loving it.
    Word, it's pretty damn good. Though I could do without the baby comforting.

  19. #69
    Robot Master.
    Master Tasuke
    Eat Your
    Heart Out Bro'
    GutsDozer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Metairie, LA

    Posts
    3,639
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyXP View Post
    Word, it's pretty damn good. Though I could do without the baby comforting.
    Just got to that part.
    Hit detection. it's all about hit detection.

  20. #70
    World's Greatest Poster Dr Shroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕗ

    Posts
    18,694
    Don't worry, you won't have to deal with the baby for quite a while after Onomichi.


  21. #71
    NeoGumby's Sycophant
    k'_127's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates

    Posts
    5,932
    Yakuza 3~5 remasters are being considered:

    http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/..._theres_demand

  22. #72
    The Chinese Kid Kid Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Panda Island™

    Posts
    12,036
    That would be insane. I had alot of fun with 3. Would be interesting to see all the games thus far on one console though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillzguy View Post
    I sometimes wish I didn't have Aspergers as I feel game related collecting would be a mild hobby rather than an obsession.

  23. #73
    Azura's Bladesmith
    WoodyXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, TX

    Posts
    3,548
    Quote Originally Posted by k'_127 View Post
    Yakuza 3~5 remasters are being considered:

    http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/..._theres_demand
    I'd be down for that. Those games are the only reason I still have my PS3.

  24. #74
    World's Greatest Poster Dr Shroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕗ

    Posts
    18,694
    Quote Originally Posted by k'_127 View Post
    Yakuza 3~5 remasters are being considered:

    http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/..._theres_demand
    I'd be happy with a physical, non PS3 release of 5.


  25. #75
    NeoGumby's Sycophant
    k'_127's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates

    Posts
    5,932

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •