HUNTIN'

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
so its hunting season-- my girlfriend just ran outside in her pajamas with a rifle.

who hunts? i don't personally, but my girlfriend and her family do. her dad just got an elk in Minnesota and it was delicious. And we got a buck too!

lets talk about that meat

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I don't hunt. Not because I'm morally against it, I'm not at all. Just not my thing. But I definitely will eat the meat that people hunted! Venison is awesome!

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I don't hunt. Not because I'm morally against it, I'm not at all. Just not my thing. But I definitely will eat the meat that people hunted! Venison is awesome!

thats how i feel. i'll shoot pretty much anything from the porch or something but i aint about to get all geared up and sit around in the freezing cold waiting to shoot a deer when there are plenty of men and women to do it for me and bring back that delicious venison

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I don't mind fishing, but I've never went deer hunting or anything. Part I was always put off by was the gutting and cleaning. I always enjoy it when friends and coworkers share the venison though. Growing up in small rural town, most kids always used it as an excuse to get out of school the first Friday of hunting season.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
theres a safety class (check your state 'hunter safety' dec website to sign up) that gets u a certificate, the cert is good for the next years d.e.c. permit, the permit gets you some tags, once you fill your daily bag limit you go to d.e.c. for more tags. can't hunt w/o tags or u will get got

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
I deer hunt but didn't get anything this year unfortunately :( I'm gonna miss my deer steak with buttermilk biscuits for dinner

Im originally from southern california, now living in kentucky. Im not a hunter and dont care to, its just not something that interests me. Like others have already stated its awesome when my neighbor will bring over some venison but hunting just isnt my bag.

Local men out here cant deal with that answer, everyone out here is such an avid hunter and gun enthusiast. Its great to see the bewildered looks on the locals faces when I say I dont hunt or own a gun. They simply can not comprehend a man not being into those things.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I wish they'd relax the rules for hunting deer around here. You're only allowed to use 357 and 44 Magnum handguns, shotguns, and bows and arrows here...no rifles. I've had hunters tell me that they're not getting as many deer as they were in years past. Back in the 80's, it was rare to see a buck at all...killing one would put you in the record book.

I personally don't hunt but, I do agree with it. Even more so since I commute to work in the middle of the night. I wish hunters would kill more racoons/possums, as well.

Jon

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Thought this thread was gonna be about hunting poon.

I am VERY disappoint.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Does chasing hunters widows count?

Lots of them at the bar this time of year;)

Omerta

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Took down a fat buck this year. The rack was decent but the balls were enormous. Should've mounted them on my wall.

Spoiler:
thumbnail_IMG_1308_zpsqxrkaal4.jpg

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Haven't hunted in a while, just bought a scope for the rifle and am getting back into it. Only problem is I don't have a truck.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Hunting defenseless animals for sport isn't really my thing. Now if you want to take down a dear or something with a buck knife, have at it.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
I hear you're pretty good a hunting mysterious tapeworms on your living room floor.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I used to go fishing a lot but haven't done it in a few years. I would love to go hunting but I don't have the time or money to invest in getting setup atm. And as othes said, I love venison and will always take it if it's offered to me.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Not a lot of hunting goes on here, with the virtual ban on guns. That's not to say it doesn't happen though, my uncle is keen and goes out with his shotgun regularly, but I've eaten the offerings in the past and it was more shot than rabbit. The deer was good enough though, just muntjacs, nothing major.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Hunting sounds cool, until you realize you just drive somewhere, get out of the truck and shoot a <insert animal here>. Then you go finish it off, gut it, and haul it off for meat/trophy processing. I don't regret doing it but it's not for me. I can fish too, but would only use these skills again for survival purposes. With modern equipment, there is minimal challenge so it's pretty fucking pointless. Think of it as the easiest 20 minute shmup you can imagine, with hours of setup and cleanup.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Im originally from southern california, now living in kentucky. Im not a hunter and dont care to, its just not something that interests me. Like others have already stated its awesome when my neighbor will bring over some venison but hunting just isnt my bag.

Local men out here cant deal with that answer, everyone out here is such an avid hunter and gun enthusiast. Its great to see the bewildered looks on the locals faces when I say I dont hunt or own a gun. They simply can not comprehend a man not being into those things.

Seems we have that in common, the move from the same area to nearly the same spot of the state. I do own a pair of rifles, but they're WW2 antiques. The russian mosin I have ammo for and is totally serviceable, but the japanese arisaka I wouldn't trust without a test which I've had longer. Venison is damn good, I miss it. I haven't had that in a very very long time.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Seems we have that in common, the move from the same area to nearly the same spot of the state. I do own a pair of rifles, but they're WW2 antiques. The russian mosin I have ammo for and is totally serviceable, but the japanese arisaka I wouldn't trust without a test which I've had longer. Venison is damn good, I miss it. I haven't had that in a very very long time.

Can you not just buy venison from the shop?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

'HOW BOUT DAT PIGSKIN HUH? BOY THEY SURE CAN THROW A FOOTBALL'