Pinball FX2 experiences?

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I sought out a pinball machine (X-Men) in a local café today and played some rounds - back home I got intrigued by which games for the PC are out there and did download Pinball FX2.

Does anyone else play this?

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I checked out the Steam version after playing the Xbox version at a buddy's place. I don't recommend the xbox version as it has very bad input lag. The PC version lagged noticeably as well, until I created a custom setup for it in my video card's control panel which fixed it. It's a nice game once I jumped through all the hoops to get it working right.

Extra tables go on sale at the usual times of year.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Pinball Arcade is a much better pinball experience.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
That comparison is akin to the difference between arcade sports games and simulations. Pinball Arcade is more authentic, but I also find value in the unrealistic stuff Pinball FX2 can do and its licensing.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yea, you are right but the ball physics are all wrong in FX. The tables in FX are really well done and I love the crazy effects but when you hit the ball it's like a ping pong.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
nice feedback, thank you - I'll check out Pinball Arcade for comparison, so far I enjoyed the free table (Sorcerers Lair) quite well.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
My roommate and I went back and forth beating eachothers scores in Pinball FX. Lots of fun. My favorites are Spider-Man, Street Fighter II, Excalibur, Captain America, Sorcerer's Lair, Epic Quest, and Ms. Splosion Man. I used to love Rocky and Bullwinkle before the move to FX2 but they nerfed it up in the transition.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Tried pinball arcade today, plays pretty good and has nice tables, you are right it feels much more authentic

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Tried pinball arcade today, plays pretty good and has nice tables, you are right it feels much more authentic

Yea, It doesn't have all the crazy shit going on like fx but is a much better pinball game IMO. Play the direct X version, crank the settings to the max, flip your monitor in portrait mode and you got yourself a video pinball machine. Awesome Sauce.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
This is for Steam, Android and iOS, but one of comparable quality pretty much to Pinball Arcade would be the Zaccaria Pinball: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hu.magicpixel.Zaccaria&hl=en and http://store.steampowered.com/app/444930/

All these tables are from one maker from Italy who made both EM and SS tables up through some/much of the 80s before going under. They're very well designed copies of the originals, and the tables have more customization allowed to them and oddball perks for fun than Pinball Arcade throws as you too. Not sure about Steam, but the mobile versions give you like 4-6 tables free, then you can buy the others. I would suggest checking them out as they're worth additions to a virtual pinball fans list of things to do.