Custom JAMMA fingerboards

grandmascrack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Does anyone have any experience with getting customer fingerboards fabricated? I'm working on a project and need to start looking in to how exactly to get some custom fingerboards made.

Thanks!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Does anyone have any experience with getting customer fingerboards fabricated? I'm working on a project and need to start looking in to how exactly to get some custom fingerboards made.

Thanks!

Use CAD to design it then send the gerbers to a fab house. Done.

If you don't have CAD, you can use provided software from places like pad2pad or something.

If you just need a fingerboard for making an adapter and don't mind wiring stuff, Ian Kellogg makes some.

https://iankellogg.com/jamma-fingerboard.html

grandmascrack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Use CAD to design it then send the gerbers to a fab house. Done.

If you don't have CAD, you can use provided software from places like pad2pad or something.

If you just need a fingerboard for making an adapter and don't mind wiring stuff, Ian Kellogg makes some.

https://iankellogg.com/jamma-fingerboard.html

What I'm looking in to is a fingerboard that is more or less a passthrough, but could have a header off to the side that I could connect to through molex that lets me trip the Coin In pin, as well as use the 5v and ground lines. Hopefully that makes sense? I'm always unsure if I'm using the right terminology/verbiage or not.

Awesome to see that the JB-3 is still available after jamma-boards went down! It's what I used for the middle-man board on my prototype.

what are you looking to have made? custom non-jamma to jamma adapters?
I've been working on a business idea in my spare time that gives barcade shops a turn-key solution to add RFID functionality to (ideally) any arcade game or product to help drive alcohol sales. I've built a first-pass prototype already, but now I'm trying to figure out how to make the main pieces around it more modular and mass-producible. This doesn't get around the older pre-JAMMA standard stuff, but my thinking is that, more often than not, the JAMMA fingerboards I would get fabricated would get me 70-80% of the way there.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I've been working on a business idea in my spare time that gives barcade shops a turn-key solution to add RFID functionality to (ideally) any arcade game or product to help drive alcohol sales. I've built a first-pass prototype already, but now I'm trying to figure out how to make the main pieces around it more modular and mass-producible. This doesn't get around the older pre-JAMMA standard stuff, but my thinking is that, more often than not, the JAMMA fingerboards I would get fabricated would get me 70-80% of the way there.

Interesting, I dig it :)

grandmascrack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Interesting, I dig it :)
Thanks man! It's been a thought bouncing around in my head for years and I finally made some progress with it. I don't know nearly as much as I need to in order to get this fully off the ground just yet, but I'm at least a hell of a lot closer than ever before (not to mention it's kept me sane from day job bullshit).

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
What I'm looking in to is a fingerboard that is more or less a passthrough, but could have a header off to the side that I could connect to through molex that lets me trip the Coin In pin, as well as use the 5v and ground lines. Hopefully that makes sense? I'm always unsure if I'm using the right terminology/verbiage or not.

Awesome to see that the JB-3 is still available after jamma-boards went down! It's what I used for the middle-man board on my prototype.

If you just need passthrough, you can always use a JNX Atlas as the base but you would need to modify it to add the things you want.